Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

12 hours ago, Big Fifer said:
13 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:
This is working. Keep posting this message each week hehe.

It's genuinely becoming ridiculous at this point. If we can reach an agreement to oust Airdrie in 3 or 4 weeks, then no problem...

Let's set our sights a bit higher and aim to oust Raith and Falkirk

13 hours ago, Big Fifer said:
14 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:
This is working. Keep posting this message each week hehe.

oust Airdrie in 3 or 4 weeks, then no problem...

We've done our bit.
Over to you lot next week.

They're all big games between now and the end of the season, but we have a real split of games:

Compared to our haul of 21 points from the last 30 available, our next three are: East Fife (13 points); Forfar (7 points); Peterhead (8 points). Three games we must surely be looking to take full points from. On current form, the three above us should be looking to pick up maximum points from their three games too.

We then have an incredibly tricky run of games at the start of April, playing the 3 above us back to back:

Raith (21 points out of last 30); Airdrie (16 points); Falkirk (21 points). On those 3 weekends, in-form Clyde will have a big part to play, as they face Falkirk and Raith, and on the other weekend Airdrie face Falkirk. So the top 4 are all bound to be dropping points in April.

That then leaves us with our final two games of the season, at home to Clyde and then away to Dumbarton (knowing that on the final day either Falkirk or Raith (or both) will drop points against each other and Airdrie face a tricky trip to Clyde).

This has been a proper geeky way to spend my lunch today, but to be sitting working out permutations over who plays who at the top end of the table, having done it at the other end of the table for many a season, is great! It won't be easy; far from it; but it is very much in our own hands now to finish as high up the table as we like!

• 3 weeks later...
Marco Andreoni ... not the greatest loanee we’ve ever had .. but not the worst either. For that I give you ... Jamal Howlett Mundel (spelling’s probably hopelessly wrong).
Pfffft Big Jamal I remember reading about him being "one for the future"on the football league website.Ex Crystal palace aswell that's where Hearts got him in from.....absolute bombscare!
Remember the midweek game against Queens park we were woeful all over the park but he was a lost boy one of the worst loan signings I have seen.

3 hours ago, mo83 said:

Pfffft Big Jamal I remember reading about him being "one for the future"on the football league website.Ex Crystal palace aswell that's where Hearts got him in from.....absolute bombscare!
Remember the midweek game against Queens park we were woeful all over the park but he was a lost boy one of the worst loan signings I have seen.

Now at Hastings United in Southern Premier Div 1 (South-East).

Poor lad was miles out of his depth even in a very poor Montrose side. Heaven knows how he ended up at Hearts.