Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

51 minutes ago, jd_mo said:

Shame to be losing Martin and Blair (eventually), but does show player pathway to others who might be looking to step up to SPFL football and move up, who might have previously overlooked Montrose.

This is absolutely the case. Petrie has never knowingly held a player back who wanted away. He's also taken them back when  things haven't worked. Back in pre-Bosman days, the Mo had a reputation for bringing on players like Gary Murray and profited when they moved on.

Being known as a great step-up club option, particularly if we can secure favourable loan deals, is a brilliant strategy for a club of Montrose's size.

If this is indeed the future, hopefully happy days ahead!

Aye delighted for both Martin and Blair. Hope they both go one to have great careers going forward.
With Boyler and Aaron T-S in the Premier League it's good to see other players improving here and moving on. Hopefully a few youth players will step up as well in time.

On a totally unrelated note, one year after having all 4 Angus clubs in the same division, their is the real prospect of no Angus derbies at all in Senior football next year.

On 29/01/2020 at 07:13, Gogs Grog said:

On a totally unrelated note, one year after having all 4 Angus clubs in the same division, their is the real prospect of no Angus derbies at all in Senior football next year.

Seriously hope that's not the case because that would mean Brechin being relegated and I for one don't want that.

I started typing that same post yesterday but then deleted it. Couldn't bring myself to post something like that!

Or... Brechin and Forfar staying up. Montrose promoted and

ARBROATH PREMIERSHIP

?

[emoji2]

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Or... Brechin and Forfar staying up. Montrose promoted and

ARBROATH PREMIERSHIP

?

emoji2.png

I’d like to think that was the way it’s going.  🙂

I think it will be Arbroath in the Championship, Mo in league 1, Forfar in League 2 and Brechin to the Highland league.

The Mo have had a 14% drop in attendances due to no Brechin and Arbroath. Arbroath especially gave us a boast.

I really hope Brechin manage to keep it together and stay in the league.

We got the points yesterday but will also have learned a lot from the game, such as how to manage a game when three goals ahead. It will take a game or two for the new players to blend in so we should be grateful that's one behind us and we got points out of it. Pity next week's game is postponed but hopefully a bounce game will be played at some point to give the new lads pitch time with the other players. The positive from yesterday, apart from getting the points, is that we won and scored four goals without being at our best. The negative was we lost three fairly sloppy goals on top of the sloppy ones we conceded at Raith. No complaints overall however as we're in a good position but still need to look at what we could and should do better.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Poor Brechin at the bottom!

If they end up in the relegation play off, the Mo fans should head thru to support them! There was no shortage of the boys from the Glebe visiting Links Park, the day we were threatened with relegation.

Spot on. It'll be a 400 mile round trip for me but I'll be there because Brechin and us have been through hell together in the past and we don't forget.

Hopefully it won't be necessary but much to do still.

On 27/01/2020 at 13:06, mo83 said:

Hopefully use some of this cash we have to get a striker in now, final piece in the jigsaw for the remainder of the season.

How much cash did the club get?

On a similar topic, I heard from a guy at work who is pals with a couple of Cove players that they paid Peterhead 27k for Rory McAllister!

25 minutes ago, Stormy20 said:

Who played well?

Aye, I would say that’s the best performance yet and I’m hoping he builds on it, he got a great cheers when subbed and I think the Mo fans are getting right behind him now.

I was fair pleased to see it, hope he now gets the goals, no reason why he can’t !