Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

Does Petrie have a well paid job outside of football?
A smashing bit of business by Montrose, I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't been taken by a full time side yet but part of me wonders if full time clubs are put off by the compensation they'd have to pay. If Petrie has ambitions of managing full time then I do find it a bit strange that he's eager to sign up to such a long contract.

Yes, he is a Financial Advisor and works in and around Dundee so working for Montrose suits him perfectly. Would be interesting to find out what full time clubs would go for him. The only club that may tempt him is Dunfermline as he played there for 10 years and is a bit of legend. Crawford seems to be doing a reasonable job there at the moment though.
He recently said that he wants to make Montrose the best team in Angus so he'll need a bit of time yet to achieve that with Arbroath doing well in the championship.

The way Petrie and co have changed Montrose in 3+ years is unbelievable and long may it continue.We were in the state that Brechin City are in now,and trust me it was no fun at all and changes in and around the club had to be done and have worked.

Any views on Jordan Miller? We've just snapped him up from Lochee.
Solid enough keeper. Did well initially well he came in from St Johnstone but put on a bit of weight, made a few mistakes and lost him place to Allan Fleming. Will always be a league winning champion!

Another dominating performance from the Mo today - same as last week only we scored this week! Keeper and back line were rock soild, in midfield we have something 'different' in Sena, hard to put a finger on what but there is a good player there and he gives a different dimension to our midfield. Lyons was back on song today but although we scored twice it still took a defender and a screamer of an own goal to settle it.

For Dumbarton the only player who looked like he might fit into our team was big Layne up front. He looked isolated for Dumbarton today and a bit dispirited - could do a good job at Links Park me thinks!

Any Montrose fans heard of Partick Thistle being linked with Blair Lyons?
Yup heard a few weeks back,Am sure it was a ex player of you guys who was down having a look.He was certainly looking for some club anyway.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:
4 hours ago, third lanark said:
Any Montrose fans heard of Partick Thistle being linked with Blair Lyons?

Yup heard a few weeks back,Am sure it was a ex player of you guys who was down having a look.He was certainly looking for some club anyway.

Thanks for the response mate.

i suppose Niang can also provide feedback to the club about Lyons as well.

hows Mohammed been for you guys anyway?

Another great result and another clean sheet.
Listened to the Terrace podcast this week about league 1. Enjoyed it but focused only on top 4 (time pressures I guess) but a win next week pushes Falkirk out the top 4. Not a mention of one of the biggest stories of league 1 this year. Our turnaround from that start. Continue this form and who knows where we will end up come the business end.
That loss to Rovers is looking bigger by the week.

On 13/12/2019 at 12:22, mo83 said:

Very good so far anyway,big strong lad and composed on the ball.Getting good experience with us and would think he will go back a better player.

Due to the complexities of home office red tape, we had him at Lok for a calendar year before Thistle were able to sign him, so we are watching his progress with interest.

On 05/12/2019 at 10:14, The Moonster said:

Does Petrie have a well paid job outside of football?

A smashing bit of business by Montrose, I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't been taken by a full time side yet but part of me wonders if full time clubs are put off by the compensation they'd have to pay. If Petrie has ambitions of managing full time then I do find it a bit strange that he's eager to sign up to such a long contract.

He’s with the bank of Scotland, the manageress at the Montrose branch was telling me he’s highly thought of in the bank.

I could be wrong, but he strikes me as settled and not the type to move around. He spent his playing career at Dunfermline.

When the Mo took him on, I thought he was a bit of a wild card card considering our position, but his management and people skills immediately kicked in.

I heard Forfar interviewed him after they got rid of Gary Bollan, he came close for the Forfar job, but they took on Jim Weir.

Forfar seem a bit erratic with managers.

Petrie is highly respected and even with the bad run of 6 defeats there was never any mention of Petrie, so a great working relationship between manager and the board.

Disappointed to hear  about Liam Callaghan and Craig Johnston’s run-in with the Garda on the Clubs Xmas trip. They are actually  two nice guys so hope it all turns out ok for them. €1000 each to get out the nick tho will take a few win bonuses to make up.

DIfficult one for the Manager and Board to deal with.

30 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Disappointed to hear  about Liam Callaghan and Craig Johnston’s run-in with the Garda on the Clubs Xmas trip. They are actually  two nice guys so hope it all turns out ok for them. €1000 each to get out the nick tho will take a few win bonuses to make up.

Happened?

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

Och well, shit happens.

Dublin has a lot of stag parties and groups visiting to go out on the pish, while the Irish are generally very friendly, the stag parties are a bit of an issue with Dubliners, for obvious reasons.