Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

Anyone know what is going on? Not surprised that he’s going out on loan but to a team in the same league seems odd. While I’m at it .. any idea why Lewis was nowhere to be seen on Saturday? I know he’s been poor but to not even be on the bench (which had a trialist) also seems strange.
Lewis was injured at the weekend I'm sure.As for rusty going out on loan their will be an agreement he can't play against us best of luck to him it ain't happened for him yet at the mo.Hopefully he bangs in a load and comes back to us in January in good form.

Centre back but can play in midfield too - he did in the game a few weeks ago. Was very highly rated (obviously) when we signed him and it took about a year for him to sign due to visa issues which meant he missed a lot of football and his development stalled from it. He’s played a decent amount of junior football so hopefully he can kick on.

Good result today at a place we generally do poorly at .. is that us back on track? I wasn’t there but spent the afternoon nervously pressing refresh on the twitter feed and various apps. What was the story re the number of bookings .. and Martin’s red? On paper it looks like we kicked them off the park!

On 05/10/2019 at 19:22, notsofedupendie said:

Good result today at a place we generally do poorly at .. is that us back on track? I wasn’t there but spent the afternoon nervously pressing refresh on the twitter feed and various apps. What was the story re the number of bookings .. and Martin’s red? On paper it looks like we kicked them off the park!

We've actually won there 6 times in the last few seasons and with the new loan signings and key players back from injury yes, hopefully we've turned the corner. We must beat the other part-time teams and nick what we can off the bigger teams. The bookings? Well it's typical Scottish lower league refereeing I think. I'm not saying yellows were not deserved but I do contend that Clyde should have had at least a couple more as well going by the referee's own standards. The two tackles on Ballantyne were awful and although both led to goals the offenders should still have been booked. As for 'kicking them off the park' maybe we are but I for one think it's about time we stuck up for ourselves. For too long we have been kicked off the park ourselves and now we are giving it back again others don't like it - well tough!!

Just a thought about yesterday at Clyde. We certainly deserved our win and were the better team but for me there was still a weakness dealing with set pieces and that's a worry. We aren't attacking and winning enough headers and yesterday Lennox was not controlling his 6 yard box. Fleming was like that a while ago but coaching by Jim Butter made him better. Lennox doesn't have Jim Butter but still must be more positive in his 6 yard box and come out further for long punted balls into the 18 yard box. Comment only meant to be constructive.