Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

1 minute ago, Links_Park_Dynamo said:

Saw on Broty Twitter their Manager has confirmed it

C41CC56B-5961-4733-88E0-A5394E132AF0.jpeg

Ah fair enough, cheers for that! I reckon SP will have worked with him before. I'm sure he played for Arbroath under Sheerin when SP was his assistant. He has a lot of experience.

Lives in Montrose so makes sense this appointment and been at the club before so knows what it's all about.Now he has to find a keeper to compete with Alan Fleming next year.

No never heard any names.I would think we would be in for Kyle Gourlay just released from Dundee and local.
His was the name I was given but it was the old friend of a friend of a friend story so who knows.

No never heard any names.I would think we would be in for Kyle Gourlay just released from Dundee and local.
Quite young and not got a lot of experience. I reckon SP will be after someone a bit older. He will want to do as well as Arbroath and Forfar did last year. They had the best keepers in the league in McCallum and Jamieson.

Quite young and not got a lot of experience. I reckon SP will be after someone a bit older. He will want to do as well as Arbroath and Forfar did last year. They had the best keepers in the league in McCallum and Jamieson.
Yeah I get where you are coming from and you could be right.He has had good experience of the lower league's last few years with Elgin and Clyde am sure he went to Airdrie for a bit too so is more than capable to stepping up to the plate in my opinion.

Tough start to the league campaign.
Stranraer (A)
Airdrie (H)
Falkirk (A)
Raith Rovers (A)

Maybe good getting the 2 full time teams early I guess with the Airdrie hybrid model week 2 as well. They've had a big turnover of personnel so need time to settle in.

6 minutes ago, Gogs Grog said:

Tough start to the league campaign.
Stranraer (A)
Airdrie (H)
Falkirk (A)
Raith Rovers (A)

Maybe good getting the 2 full time teams early I guess with the Airdrie hybrid model week 2 as well. They've had a big turnover of personnel so need time to settle in.

Very tough month of August but to be perfectly honest every month is going to be tough month this season. I am still very confident that with SP as our manager we will survive in league one for another year.

I think we have the basis of a strong squad but I think with two of three quality signings to come we will be in great shape.