Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

I thought some of you cool Mo guys might be interested in this:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heritage-and-retro/retro/ex-goalie-quest-reunite-bruntsfield-cup-winning-team-50th-anniversary-2899938

I vaguely remember David Larter- wasn't too bad a goalie if failing memory is correct! 

22 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I thought some of you cool Mo guys might be interested in this:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heritage-and-retro/retro/ex-goalie-quest-reunite-bruntsfield-cup-winning-team-50th-anniversary-2899938

I vaguely remember David Larter- wasn't too bad a goalie if failing memory is correct! 

Great lad Davie Larter montrose man through and through.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, paddycreggshinpad said:

What are your thoughts on ballantyne is he good enough to step up and be squad player in the prem

Cammy was a class act at Montrose when he played,good on the ball and can pick a pass.Im not quite sure if he is ready for you right now another loan stint in league 1 or the championship would do him good,but definitely one for the future a right good player he could turn out to be. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure most of us have seen it, but here's the fixture list for this streamlined season...

EeGGuvwXsAE35nZ?format=jpg&name=small

Falkirk at home on the opening day looks like a stiff test.

I really hope we don't have a pish start to the season like we did the last two years. There's less margin for error with this reduced number of fixtures.

With Lyons and Niang gone we need a couple of new faces to freshen things up but still time enough before even warm up games come along.

News that East Fife have signed a couple though makes me think we could miss the boat unless SP has got a couple of lads definately lined up already. Fingers crossed because this is going to be a very competitive season. Teams who I expect to do well (apart from us) are Falkirk, Partick, Airdrie, East Fofe and maybe Cove Rangers. Including us that's more than half the division and at least one of the other four of Forfar, Dumbarton, Peterhead and Clyde will surprise us. As I think, it's going to be a season when we have to hit the ground running because anybody having a dodgy patch at any time will struggle to catch up.

22 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

With Lyons and Niang gone we need a couple of new faces to freshen things up but still time enough before even warm up games come along.

News that East Fife have signed a couple though makes me think we could miss the boat unless SP has got a couple of lads definately lined up already. Fingers crossed because this is going to be a very competitive season. Teams who I expect to do well (apart from us) are Falkirk, Partick, Airdrie, East Fofe and maybe Cove Rangers. Including us that's more than half the division and at least one of the other four of Forfar, Dumbarton, Peterhead and Clyde will surprise us. As I think, it's going to be a season when we have to hit the ground running because anybody having a dodgy patch at any time will struggle to catch up.

Aye, very much not the season for an East Fife / Montrose style 'being horrendously pish for one full round of fixtures'.

Edited by Gordon EF

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Aye, very much not the season for an East Fife / Montrose style 'being horrendously pish for one full round of fixtures'.

Equally could be a great year for a strong, settled part-time club ( looking at Mo and East Fife) to have a real go as the shorter course may negate some of the full- time benefit?