Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

He has come on leaps and bounds, but top half of the Championship might be a bit of a stretch for Webster. Fair play to him if he gets the chance. Lyons I've no doubt could play at that level, if he carries on at the rate he's going now he'll easily play Premier.

I don't think there will be too much movement for us, as usual just looking for a striker. Relying on Ross Campbell is only fine up to a point. For loans out If Forfar don't want McLean I'd send him to Brechin, and I'd also be on the phone to Barry Sqaurepass to see if he'd take Callaghan, possibly CJ too. Waddell I wouldn't be fussed about losing. Confident SP will make all the right calls.

I'd be really sorry if Webby goes. Not sure how likely it is though. Assume he'd have to go full time (??) which is a gamble if he already has a good job outside of football. If he didn't make the grade at full time level it would be a retrograde step. I can think of several great players who have preferred to stay part-time on a decent pay if they have good day time jobs. One in particular scores goals for fun at lower league level and has done for yonks. 

McLean I don't think could go on loan anywhere else this season as I think the rules only allow a loan to one club per season. Rules might have changed though with the advent of half or full season loans. Could release him though if he finds another club -  he doesn't have to of course but most players prefer to be playing rather than just parked on a bench.. 

I'd be really sorry if Webby goes. Not sure how likely it is though. Assume he'd have to go full time (??) which is a gamble if he already has a good job outside of football. If he didn't make the grade at full time level it would be a retrograde step. I can think of several great players who have preferred to stay part-time on a decent pay if they have good day time jobs. One in particular scores goals for fun at lower league level and has done for yonks. 
McLean I don't think could go on loan anywhere else this season as I think the rules only allow a loan to one club per season. Rules might have changed though with the advent of half or full season loans. Could release him though if he finds another club -  he doesn't have to of course but most players prefer to be playing rather than just parked on a bench.. 
There's no rule as far as I'm aware that says you can only make 1 loan move per season, the problem is though he's already played competitive football for 2 teams so can't play for a 3rd. I'm not sure if this applies to the Lowland League so he may be able to join a club at that level if Forfar aren't keeping him for the season.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:
18 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

There's no rule as far as I'm aware that says you can only make 1 loan move per season, the problem is though he's already played competitive football for 2 teams so can't play for a 3rd. I'm not sure if this applies to the Lowland League so he may be able to join a club at that level if Forfar aren't keeping him for the season.

Ah, that's the rule I was thinking about. It''s not the fact there can't be 2 loans, you're right it's that he can't play for more than 2 SPFL clubs in a season. That's how we got Boyler back a few years ago as we were the only club he could be loaned back to.

With Rusty the best thing is to agree a free transfer if he can find another club. 

Looks like we will be singing Blair Lyons:

IMG_1420.jpg

A Paisley boy too I believe. Any good? We’ve certainly had more misses than hits by signing players from part time football in recent years.

Let’s hope he’s more Darren McGregor than Jordan Kirkpatrick.

22 minutes ago, Lex said:

Looks like we will be singing Blair Lyons:

IMG_1420.jpg

A Paisley boy too I believe. Any good? We’ve certainly had more misses than hits by signing players from part time football in recent years.

Let’s hope he’s more Darren McGregor than Jordan Kirkpatrick.

I really wonder why, other than the money, someone would sign for a club, where they could spend most of the time on their backside watching the game instead of playing it. I hope Blair Lyons does make it but he needs to weigh up his options wisely.

It would be better for the Mo if he could continue on loan with us after a "big team" has signed him.

So after 20 games gone we are in a pretty healthy position in the league,would never have guessed we would be on 32 points by the time we had played 20 games.Massive turnaround again from Sp and co as the doubters started to creep in early stages of the season when we were getting beat.
As for Stewart Petrie their is no doubt in my mind he is a top class coach and we are very lucky to have him,as he always mentions in his interviews about players moving on to full time clubs he won't stand in their way kinda get that feeling Sp would like a bash at that as well just hope it's not anytime soon.
On the pitch a think we all know we are pretty loaded in all areas but would still like to see a striker coming in during this window.Russell McLean meant to be back but cant see him playing to be honest his spell at Forfar has been disappointing to say the least but kinda knew that would happen to be fair.Would love big rusty to prove me wrong and come back a new player but just cant see it.We also have the other defender from Heriot watt joining up be good to see what he is like after getting good reviews from his last team.