Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

Where is decent for a pre match scran. I’ll be driving 3 hours from Ayrshire so will food is the number one stop in Montrose.
Northern Vaults or Hartz at Grey Harlings would be my recommendations but there's plenty of choices in the town

Where is decent for a pre match scran. I’ll be driving 3 hours from Ayrshire so will food is the number one stop in Montrose

As we are going full food guide for Montrose, you would be hard pushed to beat Diamond Lils in Ferryden for food. South side of river and a cracking pint and great coffee as well. Quirky and small.  

There was no proper toilets either. You just had to pish behind a wall in the overgrown wasteland behind the side terrace.

There were two concrete blocks behind the terracing with nothing in them apart from a drainage trough all the way round, which didn't drain. Most folk just pished against the wall outside.

Where is decent for a pre match scran. I’ll be driving 3 hours from Ayrshire so will food is the number one stop in Montrose.

As stated Picture House probably best bet, it's a Bellhaven Wetherspoons type of place beside the railway station and just off the High St.
You can park in the Tesco which is 10 seconds drive away.

5 hours ago, GT Mo said:

There were two concrete blocks behind the terracing with nothing in them apart from a drainage trough all the way round, which didn't drain. Most folk just pished against the wall outside.

Those concrete blocks always looked sinister on a cold wet evening. Like Pennywise from It was lurking inside waiting for a victim.

Pishing against the wall felt a lot safer.

43 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Those concrete blocks always looked sinister on a cold wet evening. Like Pennywise from It was lurking inside waiting for a victim.

Pishing against the wall felt a lot safer.

'Most sinister places to go for a pish in old Scottish football grounds' would actually make a decent thread for the top 5s forum.

I'd definitely nominate that small bit of waste ground behind the uncovered away terracing at Somerset, that looks out onto a larger derelict area of waste ground. You feel like you've walked through a portal into a harrowing post apocalyptic future.

The actual toilet block for the home terracing at old Bayview was a pretty horrifying experience as well. Dark, foreboding, brutalist and with unsettling dimensions, it felt a bit like a cross between a Hellraiser film and some H. R. Geiger art work.

How are the two lads from Saints - Ballantyne and Struthers - getting on at Links Park? 

I see the futures of Niang and Macbeath have already been sorted out but there doesn't seem to be word on the other two yet. Is Stewart Petrie likely to want to keep them on? 

After the big progress that Ali McCann made at Stranraer last season, hopefully this spell will have been equally as beneficial for this pair. 

How are the two lads from Saints - Ballantyne and Struthers - getting on at Links Park? 
I see the futures of Niang and Macbeath have already been sorted out but there doesn't seem to be word on the other two yet. Is Stewart Petrie likely to want to keep them on? 
After the big progress that Ali McCann made at Stranraer last season, hopefully this spell will have been equally as beneficial for this pair. 
Apparently he is in discussions with them and St Johnstone about keeping them on. I think Cammy is a really good player and provides a lot of energy to our midfield. Struthers had to wait a while to get his chance but has now started three in a row I think. Doing a lot of good things, pacey, holds the ball up well. At times i cant work out if he is a striker or a winger.

Graham Webster lads, what's he like? Hear he's a winger these days? Able to make the step up?
For most of his time with us I thought he was a bit lightweight and could drift in and out of games. 3 or 4 times a season he'd be unplayable for the opposition and you'd wonder where that had been.
Our title season I seem to remember him being in the crowd away at stenhousemuir 2nd to last game and suspected he was finished with us.
However last 2 seasons he influences games where before it would pass him by. Tidy passer and a knack of being in the right place. He links up well with our full backs (who are both quality) and has covered at fullback as well when required. October he was immense and that level of playing has continued.
Honestly he's surprised me the level he is playing at and obviously good coaching has lifted his game.
But then our manager and coaching team have lifted everyone in the teams level of performance.

He'd be a big loss to us. But not sure he would be of the level The Dee need. All the best to him if he does go and hope he does a job for you.