Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

I believe we have actually signed him, he isn't on loan.

I'd add that Aaron Lennox who I think is also on loan from Plastic Whistle, is improving all the time as well. At first he took time to adjust and didn't command his 6 yard box, still doesn't entirely but has improved with pitch time and looks to have a future.

Ach well, that’s the pesky cup nonsense out the way for another season!

Bye bye “big money-spinning tie” hello Raith of the Rovers. Only hope we bounce back on league duty.

Just gonnae no dae a post LTHV calamity, just gonnae no, please!

Not good enough today. OK some lads need pitch time but that needs to happen in bounce games not potential money spinning games like at Bonnyrigg. Not fair on the travelling fans today.

As an aside and no disrespect meant to Bonnyrigg but if that ground is not fit for SPFL football so if they aspire to that they need to get cracking with the facilities. Good luck to the lads in their team in the next round though. I've been to several groundsl in both Lowland and Highland leagues and which are of a similar poor standard so in a pyramid system that pyramid looks to be a small one. OK some grounds might be OK but a heck of a lot aren't. Yes, I'm in the minority, I don't think the pyramid system in Scotland is good. I'd still enlarge the SPFL to let in a few more progressine HL and LL clubs who have facilities to match their aspirations.

Not good enough today. OK some lads need pitch time but that needs to happen in bounce games not potential money spinning games like at Bonnyrigg. Not fair on the travelling fans today.
As an aside and no disrespect meant to Bonnyrigg but if that ground is not fit for SPFL football so if they aspire to that they need to get cracking with the facilities. Good luck to the lads in their team in the next round though. I've been to several groundsl in both Lowland and Highland leagues and which are of a similar poor standard so in a pyramid system that pyramid looks to be a small one. OK some grounds might be OK but a heck of a lot aren't. Yes, I'm in the minority, I don't think the pyramid system in Scotland is good. I'd still enlarge the SPFL to let in a few more progressine HL and LL clubs who have facilities to match their aspirations.
Ticks every box in the licensing manual.

Be interesting to know what facilities are missing though, other than the obvious that we don't currently have any seating.

44 minutes ago, MOFOREVER said:

The rain makes it much worse I think

13 hours ago, Gimme said:

Ticks every box in the licensing manual.

Be interesting to know what facilities are missing though, other than the obvious that we don't currently have any seating.

I'm not having a go at Bonnyrigg, fair play they deserved the win. That's the great thing about the Scottish Cup, anybody can play anybody anywhere and I hope Bonnyrigg pull a big team in the next round AND play it at New Dundas Park. The point I'm making is that the facilities need to match the aspirations of the club. It's not one thing or the other it's both. That's not a whinge, it's a constructive point. You have a decent team but as a ground/facilities it is nowhere near good enough for the SPFL and I'm surprised if it does tick all the SPFL boxes with no seating or Press facilities.  You agree with the no seating point and that is a major issue. I'm suffering with a bad back and Sciatica so found it hard to stand for 2 hours on a muddy grassy bank on the far side. There were Press reporters at the game (I was one) who could neither use their usual hardware or even their notepads whilst standing up on a muddy bank in the rain or behind the goals on a hill or in a crowded area choc-a-bloc with fans sheltering. We tried several positions to no avail. 

The other major point is the lack of terracing. What there is is Ok for the Lowland League maybe but not beyond that. These are as I say not whinging criticisms of the club as a whole but there is more to a successful club than the eleven on the pitch. Great progress there but other things to do as well. Good luck.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:
14 hours ago, BS7 said:
I believe that was the second biggest attendance you’ve played in front of this season?

What's your point caller?

I wonder what league 1 and league 2 grounds look like with 2000 crowds? There’s a lot of constructive points about our ground, and I’m sure the club will take on the feedback from our visitors today.

personally I’d like safe standing and a covered terrace!

I'm not having a go at Bonnyrigg, fair play they deserved the win. That's the great thing about the Scottish Cup, anybody can play anybody anywhere and I hope Bonnyrigg pull a big team in the next round AND play it at New Dundas Park. The point I'm making is that the facilities need to match the aspirations of the club. It's not one thing or the other it's both. That's not a whinge, it's a constructive point. You have a decent team but as a ground/facilities it is nowhere near good enough for the SPFL and I'm surprised if it does tick all the SPFL boxes with no seating or Press facilities.  You agree with the no seating point and that is a major issue. I'm suffering with a bad back and Sciatica so found it hard to stand for 2 hours on a muddy grassy bank on the far side. There were Press reporters at the game (I was one) who could neither use their usual hardware or even their notepads whilst standing up on a muddy bank in the rain or behind the goals on a hill or in a crowded area choc-a-bloc with fans sheltering. We tried several positions to no avail. 
The other major point is the lack of terracing. What there is is Ok for the Lowland League maybe but not beyond that. These are as I say not whinging criticisms of the club as a whole but there is more to a successful club than the eleven on the pitch. Great progress there but other things to do as well. Good luck.
I wasn't looking for an argument, just interested in an outsiders point if view.

We did have terracing behind the goal at the changing room end but that was 20 odd years ago. There has been a fair amount of money spent on the ground to get it in its current condition but I think most home fans would like the grass banking to be hard standing terracing as well. There is also clearly the need for a stand a some point and I'd imagine it would be something similar to Kelty with media facilities etc.

In all honesty this season was really about putting some money back in the bank after the expense last season of getting the license, it is our first season in the Lowland League but that fact we're in with a shout of winning the league at this point of the season means more money needs to be found from somewhere.

That said if we get an away tie against Celtic in todays draw then I'm sure there will be suitable close season investment in ground improvements.

3 hours ago, BS7 said:

I wonder what league 1 and league 2 grounds look like with 2000 crowds?

Go to one of them when a League One or Two club is playing what's seen as a relatively massive game for them then. Wonder no more.

Montrose had more than 2000 when they won the league against Elgin in 2018.

Edited by Gordon EF

By half-time against Raith we all knew what our problems are, though we probably knew beforehand as well.

In our 6 game winning streak we scored 15 goals and conceded 5. I leave all concerned to figure out what happened to change that rhythm we were in.

2 hours ago, MOFOREVER said:

By half-time against Raith we all knew what our problems are, though we probably knew beforehand as well.

In our 6 game winning streak we scored 15 goals and conceded 5. I leave all concerned to figure out what happened to change that rhythm we were in.

How does it go at this time of year.

No Joel     No Joel    No Joel      No Joel

Excellent bit of business from the club...[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]IMG-20191204-WA0004.thumb.jpeg.74aaef8e585fc56ddff4647d62937cf2.jpeg
Christmas come early for all Mo fans! Having SP tied down until the end of the 22/23 season is a phenomenal bit of business. Arguably the best part time manager out there and he will no doubt be getting considered for full time jobs. [emoji108][emoji170][emoji871]

1 hour ago, GableEnder21 said:

Christmas come early for all Mo fans! Having SP tied down until the end of the 22/23 season is a phenomenal bit of business. Arguably the best part time manager out there and he will no doubt be getting considered for full time jobs. emoji108.pngemoji170.pngemoji871.png

Does Petrie have a well paid job outside of football?

A smashing bit of business by Montrose, I'm genuinely surprised he hasn't been taken by a full time side yet but part of me wonders if full time clubs are put off by the compensation they'd have to pay. If Petrie has ambitions of managing full time then I do find it a bit strange that he's eager to sign up to such a long contract.