Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

12 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

When was the last time we won 6 on the trot?

I don't think we managed that in our title season a couple of years ago.

It was the 84/5 Championship season under Ian Stewart when we won 7 league games in a row, 6 of them with clean sheets in a run of 11 games unbeaten. Prior to that it was the 1963/4 season under Norman Christie when we won 6 in a row in September. So, we need to win at Balmoor next Saturday to equal our best then beat Raith after that to better it. Tough ask but why not?

On 09/11/2019 at 09:13, jd_mo said:

No real surprise to see SP and Webby winning manager and player of the month for October. Well deserved.

Has been an excellent run of results and hoping that continues today.

Well done the Mo.

Was getting a wee bit worried  when they followed up the decent LC results by getting themselves looking isolated at the bottom of the division after the first few games.

What a spectacular turnaround from management and team alike...........

This wouldn't be original but a few seasons back I went to a midweek game at Pittodrie and watched Aberdeen win against Hamilton. It was their seventh win in a row and as the stadium emptied, they played this over the p.a. https://youtu.be/yulmgTcyulmgTcGLZw

A pity we're away from home if the Mo do make it seven but if upwards of 200 Mo fans do make the journey up to Balmoor, I reckon with a bit of practice on the bus on the way up, they could do a pretty impressive acapella version for the team. Just saying...

Edited by Brummo
Suggestive

Hope the idiots that caused bother in Peterhead today will have not been sold tickets for the match in Bonnyrigg next Saturday?

C’mon the Rose 
I very much doubt it tbh. The way the club have sold the tickets would entail putting a wee bit of effort in the get them. The small group behind the goal I hadn't seem before and doubt I won't again for a while.
I don't want to condone their behaviour but a lighter as I understand it was thrown on the pitch. There was more danger to the fans and players when one of the floodlight glass covers decided to give up the ghost and showered down glass on the fans and pitch edge today.

6 hours ago, Reid said:

How’s Sena getting on with you?

Filling the hole that Paddy Cregg's departure left very nicely, looks composed on the ball and seems to fit in with the way we play given the upturn in results. Echo the sentiment about wanting to keep him until May if we don't sign any more mids in the window.

48 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Filling the hole that Paddy Cregg's departure left very nicely, looks composed on the ball and seems to fit in with the way we play given the upturn in results. Echo the sentiment about wanting to keep him until May if we don't sign any more mids in the window.

I'd add that Aaron Lennox who I think is also on loan from Plastic Whistle, is improving all the time as well. At first he took time to adjust and didn't command his 6 yard box, still doesn't entirely but has improved with pitch time and looks to have a future.