Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

I'm assuming he means one of the youngsters loaned out.
It's nice to have youngsters coming through that we can talk about unlike some.1036904946_Screenshot_20190818-124225_DuckDuckGo2.thumb.jpeg.277cb820d126e2644c3808df0ca5bce3.jpeg
Not a single Mo post in the match thread post match and not a mention of it here either. I thought a football match might have been something you could talk about...

Not a single Mo post in the match thread post match and not a mention of it here either. I thought a football match might have been something you could talk about...
What's your point caller?

1 hour ago, mic_17_uk said:
2 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:
I'm assuming he means one of the youngsters loaned out.
It's nice to have youngsters coming through that we can talk about unlike some.1036904946_Screenshot_20190818-124225_DuckDuckGo2.thumb.jpeg.277cb820d126e2644c3808df0ca5bce3.jpeg

With the exception of those by Trump and MrDust (and a couple of others), which were quite sensible, the posts on the match thread really haven't been worth responding to t.b.h.

The highlights from Falkirk FC were okay, although as expected, the commentary was partisan.

I think their description of the pass for Skelly's goal as a mis-hit shot, was ungenerous.

Nothing however could mask the horror of Fleming's parallel universe game of dodge ball for Falkirk's second. I don't know if  Question of Sport is still a thing but I imagine Fleming might not relish featuring in their "What happens next?" round for years to come!

Edited by Brummo
credit where credit is due.

A few years ago Mo fans might have risen to bait like the above or that posted on the match thread. Thankfully we are now a better organised club who under Petrie can face up to any team in this league and play whatever game plan is deemed most likely to succeed. The last couple of matches, that hasn't worked out but I am confident that things will begin to click as the season progresses. 

You were definitely the best organised team we have played and when in possession passed the ball well. The pass for your goal was beautiful don't know why our commentators were trying to say it was a miss hit shot, thought on the day it was a pass and highlights show this.
Best of luck for the season ahead

1 minute ago, Sanity check needed. said:

You were definitely the best organised team we have played and when in possession passed the ball well. The pass for your goal was beautiful don't know why our commentators were trying to say it was a miss hit shot, thought on the day it was a pass and highlights show this.
Best of luck for the season ahead

There is an honest, unbiased and fair fan among you, wow!

Thanks mate!

We've had a tough start to this campaign and results have been just one point off zero. Any crumbs of comfort to be had?

I know we got past Forfar in the cup but of course it's the league that really matters.

I suppose a point at Stairs Park is something but at the end of the day, no amount of polishing a turd of a start to the season is going to make it seem better.

I absolutely hate it that we're bottom of the league this early on.

Holding out for 80 minutes only to fall to a 3-0 defeat is yet another sickener to add to the last couple of Saturday's woes.

Please can we turn a corner next week?

Edited by Brummo
Redundant "not"

I’ve seen all our games other than the Stranraer game. If Dillo hadn’t been sent off against Airdrie we would’ve got something. Falkirk beat us because Seagull fkkd up ., they were not much better than us. Today we should’ve been 2 up before they scored .. with their first shot on target. That said .. we need to get some points on the board so next week is crucial. Ps: get Cammy back to right back .. he creates so much more there than shoehorning him into midfield.

I’ve seen all our games other than the Stranraer game. If Dillo hadn’t been sent off against Airdrie we would’ve got something. Falkirk beat us because Seagull fkkd up ., they were not much better than us. Today we should’ve been 2 up before they scored .. with their first shot on target. That said .. we need to get some points on the board so next week is crucial. Ps: get Cammy back to right back .. he creates so much more there than shoehorning him into midfield.

You shouldn't have been two up today, the same as we shouldn't have been 1 up before you had those chances. You played well, defended very well up till the last 20 then fell to bits when we scored. There is no chance you will go down. Far too good defensively, despite the score today. You also have some very good attacking players. You'll creap up the league, similar to last season.

Certainly agree with those points. The Montrose back line was solid until the first goal, and then kinda lost the string. Maybe a little much hoof ball sometimes, but some nice work on the break and you made our defense and goalie work a bit.

Traffic in the first half was our way at first, then your way to the half. That header was really worrisome, but the second half we looked a little better conditioned, which is expected of the full timers.

Our midfield play seemed a bit above yours, and that resulted in a lot of pressure on your defense. Bowie was constantly bombing down the wings and getting crosses or corners.

Injuries make this a very fickle league, and things will always change around. Hope the traveling contingent enjoyed the trip, at least the first 80 minutes.

How do you know if dillon had stayed on you would have got something? Airdrie were dominating with eleven men.