Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

Some excellent football Montrose played tonight.Howler from the keeper but apart from that he didn't have that much to do.Thought Montrose were the more hungrier team.Everyone played their part but special mention to Blair Lyon who had a fantastic game,getting better and better each time I see him.Ross Forbes what a moaning wee dick for Forfar him and the left back Burns moaning at everything.

3 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:
3 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:
Montrose always put out full strength teams because every single player on our books is a footballing colossus.

And what about Forfar?...

Indeed (sighs, looks down, shaking head)

Edited by Brummo
e.t.a.

8 hours ago, mo83 said:

Some excellent football Montrose played tonight.Howler from the keeper but apart from that he didn't have that much to do.Thought Montrose were the more hungrier team.Everyone played their part but special mention to Blair Lyon who had a fantastic game,getting better and better each time I see him.Ross Forbes what a moaning wee dick for Forfar him and the left back Burns moaning at everything.

Just like you moaning about people moaning😅

I wouldn't be adverse to Blair Lyon starting on Saturday. Pace up top and a threat on the break.
He is looking better every time he plays.
Been impressed with Skelly as well on his return to us. Think we carry a decent threat this season with a good variety.

11 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:
11 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:
Montrose always put out full strength teams because every single player on our books is a footballing colossus.

And what about Forfar?...

Forfar put out 10 players kitted out like the Andy Murray post box in Dunblane.  The post box has greater mobility though.

I missed the Airdrie game as I had an interview - which I got. Sadly it means working on Saturdays. I am really missing the games already but, nothing can be done. I’m reliant on the people who post on Pie and Bovril, social media and MontroseTV. Won’t be forever but, it is the next two years. Mon the Mo!

On 15/08/2019 at 03:09, MOFOREVER said:

Decent wee statistic  for you all. The draw against Partick Thistle means we will then have played all 41 other current SPFL clubs in some sort of cup competition. Yes, Thistle are the last and will complete the set.

I'm sure we've played Plastic Whistle before although it may have been in a pre-season friendly*, though that is also a bit unlikely.

The reason I know this is some Whistle supporters commented to each other about my bike, locked up to railings at Links Park. Apparently it reminded them of some bygone era before they were a big club.

(I reckon it had more to do with there being more jaikies likely to nick your bike down Maryhill way.)

*e.t.a. it was a friendly back in July 2006.

Edited by Brummo
Corrected

1 hour ago, endieinreekie said:

I'm sure I saw us get a 6-0 thrashing many years ago at Firhill, probably in the Scottish Cup.

5-0 in the league is the highest competitive scoreline between the sides. Have never met in any of the Cups, as MOFOREVER said.

Quite happy with drawing Montrose, and looking forward to a first visit to Links Park. Hopefully the chronic “Plastic Whistle” chat seen above is kept to a minimum.