Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

Is Kerr Waddell being brought in as a replacement for Bolo? (I don't know anything about Waddell, other than what I have read on here.)

Kerr will walk into your starting 11 (plus most out side of championship/league 1), far too good for mo and will be on a helfy wage.

There are far better teams in the league pushing for top 4. Waste of a wage imo.

Should of got a goal scorer.

There would have plenty of 'experts' who said there were 'far better teams' that would make top 4 last season and look what happened......

Kerr will walk into your starting 11 (plus most out side of championship/league 1), far too good for mo and will be on a helfy wage.

There are far better teams in the league pushing for top 4. Waste of a wage imo.

Should of got a goal scorer.

Levels boys, forever in the Arbroath shadow.

10 points is the most we took of a team last season, guess who it was agasinst????
Cya next year [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

Grim second half for Montrose today. Awful referee, but even accounting for him, Forfar were comfortably the better side after a bad start for them.
Match Report

Ach it was a weird game. Started with a makeshift midfield .. scored when Forfar were on top .. should’ve been out of sight by 20 mins in. Then the teenager in black decided to intervene. I could just about see where the first penalty came from .. but very very soft. The second was hilarious .. Dillon gets pushed by a Forfar player ..and seemingly the ball hits his hand .. ref blows for halftime. Lino must’ve said something in his earpiece .. result another penalty. Second half we never turned up and Forfar cruised home. So what did we learn? Kerr Waddell is at least a month and a stone in weight away from being fit. Our starting midfield picks itself .. it’s not what we had today .. and we need another striker. We struggle to defend cross balls .. all 4goals were the result of not defending crosses. Same story in the Arbroath game. The ref was stinking .. but in his defence his 2 linos were absolute muppets. Especially the guy who gave the second penalty. Flagging for a foul when the Forfar left back fell over his own feet .. which then led to Foxy blowing a fuse and getting sent off was the icing on the cake. We seem to have one or two games a season like this .. good to get it out of the way early. Forfar looked stronger than last year and seem to have a bit more quality about them. Interesting times ahead.

I actually thought the lino was pulling back the ref at half time for dangerous play of the forfar player pushing Dillon for the 2nd pen. Dillons head crashed of the post after the push so was somewhat bemused by the decision of the pen.

The ref seemingly let the circumstances of the game start to influence his decisions. It was an awful watch with him in charge.

Forfar have a physical side to their game that we didn't deal so well with at times today.

Poor defensive performance by Montrose. Fair play to Forfar. Played to their strengths. Would have liked same team to have played as Tuesday night as believe we missed Watson as Callaghan was once again very poor. I know we treat these games as a preseason but we had a chance to win and head to Brechin looking to get our third win which could have led to us qualifying and the hope to get a decent game in the next round which could have brought in extra income.

Still trying to get over how bad the officials were on sat.  Some of the decisions made were simply awful (there was even some decisions that we got that weren't right).  It was a shame as it was a decent game at 1-1. Overall i think we were slightly tired from the great win against the Saints and by the end we had a make shift defence that struggled against Hilson. Forfar had a couple of stand outs for me, Travis and Tapping looked very good but other than that i dont think we need to fear them too much this season. Think they will do well but will struggle to meet the standards they set last season. 

Think we still need a striker to lead the line and ideally i would like to see a solid replacement for Redman, whether we get both of these i dont know, overall i think we can be happy enough going into the season with the squad we have got.

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

13 hours ago, beath_cowden123 said:

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

IOS only?

9 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Blew it last week but let's re-group, put Brechin to the sword tomorrow and get set for a flying start to the long league campaign ahead.

T.b.h. never had you down as a Mo fan, Boris!

Will we take any loan players?

The season starts this weekend and transfer window closes on 2nd September. After a pre-season look at their squads Premiership clubs are looking at trimming down to a realistic size and getting youngsters a development loan.

Montrose are nearly there - we have 20 players (2 GK, 6 Def, 6 Mid and 6 Forwards). Last year we had 3 loanees; all who added to our squad but, I don’t think we’ll see 3 this year. Loan players are a short term fix but, each year you have to start again. Loan players must be played as part of the loan - at times their inexperience is not the best thing for the given situation but, more importantly it blocks the playing times for our squad.

If we have playing time for developing youngsters the time can be used by Montrose to improve our young forwards.

That’s not to say we shouldn’t take any loans, they have their place but, I don’t see it being 3 this year.