Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

Kerr Waddell looked like he needed to about 3 pre seasons to get even close to being remotely fit
A bet he would still play better than that Dud you boys got from Berwick Rangers.

51 minutes ago, mo83 said:
59 minutes ago, Smokerson said:
Kerr Waddell looked like he needed to about 3 pre seasons to get even close to being remotely fit

A bet he would still play better than that Dud you boys got from Berwick Rangers.

Maybe so, I don't rate Wilson from what I have seen so far.

8 minutes ago, McGarci said:

You are making a really good team

I though wadell is going to play in championship with arbroath

after falkirk and raith maybe the 3th team in the league... fight the playoffs

twins campbell still are playing??

Agreed, we are making a very exciting squad.

I didnt think we would have had a chance of getting Waddell but apparently he was really keen to join us, shows how far we have come.

Yes both Campbell brothers are still on the books as players.

The team played very well last night and thoroughly deserved the win. We now have the physical strength and a bit of quality to compete with teams on our level and above. For years .. before SP .. we’ve been too easily bullied. Not any more. The signing of Waddell will provide that extra bit of muscle at the back I think we need .. we’ve been a bit susceptible to balls into the box .. once he’s match fit. A few posts back I said we need a goalie, a centre half and an experienced centre forward. We’ve got 2 out of the 3 .. but having watched a rejuvenated Josh Skelly I’m not sure we need another centre forward. Think it would be handy but having Rossco playing the odd game might be enough. Biggest question marks are around McLean and Rennie who are, and have been for months, struggling. Rennie has ability but seems to have gone backwards .. hopefully he’ll get back on track soon. As for McLean .. I think he needs to gamble more and not wait for the ball to come his way and get angry. He comes across as too nice to play centre forward ... must be a dream to play against him.

6 hours ago, McGarci said:

after falkirk and raith maybe the 3th team in the league... fight the playoffs

Our aim just now is still eighth place, as it was for most of last season.
Secure that then see what happens.

Exciting though !!!😁

I would think with Dillo being 35 we are looking for cover and longer term replacement for him.

It looks to be a great bit of business in the long term. There is plenty of experience in the spine of the team. Bringing in quality young players is always a challenge to replace these experienced guys long term.

I'm not worried about his fitness as that's one thing the club are on top of with a real professional approach to it.

3 hours ago, Gogs Grog said:

I would think with Dillo being 35 we are looking for cover and longer term replacement for him.

It looks to be a great bit of business in the long term. There is plenty of experience in the spine of the team. Bringing in quality young players is always a challenge to replace these experienced guys long term.

I'm not worried about his fitness as that's one thing the club are on top of with a real professional approach to it.

I agree. With Matty still gaining strength after a long injury and Yano now injured, another centre-back was essential. Dillo as said is age 35 and will continue playing until Matty is back to a full head of steam, Yano is back and Waddell is match fit. My guess is Waddell will be eased into the side either as a second half sub or more likely right in at the deep end against Forfar and Brechin. I know we have the 'carrot' of making progress in the League Cup if we beat Forfar and Brechin but for me the priority is still L1 and our aim should be to have all in order for the Stranraer game on 3rd August which I think is a must win game. Need to get points on the board early doors again this season and avoid playing catch up.

I've been critical before about our pre-season but I'm happy to be wide of the mark and trust SP's judgement. 

Dillo in my opinion has at least another 2 season's left in him.Thought he was excellent against Arbroath and St Johnstone.Really looking forward to have Kerr Waddell in the side,a back 3 of Dillo,Matty and Kerr and having steevsie and cammy bombing down the wing seems very promising.