Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

So how did this work out for you?

Pretty well. Fair few of you seem to have taken it seriously

Only embarrassing thing tonight was that it was 3-2. You'll never have a better chance to get 4/5 or 6 against us. Just beating that performance by 1 goal is worrying [emoji12]

Men against boys for 80mins, long season ahead for the Smokies.

We were excellent against Hearts and Hibs. Tonight looked a game too far. Legs gone plus players missing

I actually thought the same went for both teams in regards to looking tired. Some extremely embarrassing stuff from both sides. Made last half hour tremendous viewing

Pretty well. Fair few of you seem to have taken it seriously

Only embarrassing thing tonight was that it was 3-2. You'll never have a better chance to get 4/5 or 6 against us. Just beating that performance by 1 goal is worrying [emoji12]
You boys were taken it serious as well.After the second goal went in for you lot so did the noise level from the smokie end.Good hard fought game rather that than a Formartine the other week which was like watching a training session.

You boys were taken it serious as well.After the second goal went in for you lot so did the noise level from the smokie end.Good hard fought game rather that than a Formartine the other week which was like watching a training session.

Never felt like that anyway. Group I was with burst out laughing after the second goal it was a total shit show

Thomson and Thomas O'Brien were getting dicked about by Josh Skelly. That tired they just resorted to going through the back of him which was pretty hilarious in fairness [emoji23]

Poor Colin Hamilton was running in quick sand all night, don't even want to be too harsh on him because he was clearly tired right from the start

If that was a proper game it would've been embarrassing. But it was a friendly after 3 incredibly hard friendlies within a week on a squad of 16 and a lot of pre season running

I think Montrose will do fine this season though. Steeves and Ballantyne are as good as you can get at L1. Fleming is dodgy for me still however Dillon's experience really shows. Thought the number 20 was pretty impressive and wouldn't be keen on having Skelly as your main striker, even if he did rip the pish at times last night

Anyway, match over so all the best to both teams for the coming season. No probs with wishing the Smokies well in the Championship to fly the flag for Angus. I'm sure many of them wish us well in L1 this season. A bit different from couple of seasons ago we were within minutes of disappearing through the trapdoor. Onwards and upwards.

Never felt like that anyway. Group I was with burst out laughing after the second goal it was a total shit show

Thomson and Thomas O'Brien were getting dicked about by Josh Skelly. That tired they just resorted to going through the back of him which was pretty hilarious in fairness [emoji23]

Poor Colin Hamilton was running in quick sand all night, don't even want to be too harsh on him because he was clearly tired right from the start

If that was a proper game it would've been embarrassing. But it was a friendly after 3 incredibly hard friendlies within a week on a squad of 16 and a lot of pre season running

I think Montrose will do fine this season though. Steeves and Ballantyne are as good as you can get at L1. Fleming is dodgy for me still however Dillon's experience really shows. Thought the number 20 was pretty impressive and wouldn't be keen on having Skelly as your main striker, even if he did rip the pish at times last night

The Arbroath "Reem Teem" were getting a bit louder by the end certainly[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Josh Skelly played really well never gave up and harassed the defence had a good tussle with Jason Thompson a unit of a guy as well.

Like you said Steevsie and Ballantyne back to what they do best bombing down the wing,two really good players and very lucky to have them could easy play at a higher level.

Men against boys for 80mins, long season ahead for the Smokies.

Just beat hearts hibs and a strong celtic youth team, settle.

Result was to be expected after a hard pre season and a shuffled defence. Hope montrose have another decent season and I definitely would have taken cammy at gayfield

Result was to be expected after a hard pre season and a shuffled defence. Hope montrose have another decent season and I definitely would have taken cammy at gayfield
You will be hoping TOB and little don't get injured much never rated the guy from Berwick at all last night looked nervous.

8 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

I heard the rumour he had gone to the Smokies (after I heard the rumour he was back at the Mo).

A lot of folk are talking about Arbroath, and their recent victories, so it looks positive for the Smokies in the championship and I hope they do well. There’s no way you will do a Brechin City. Arbroath are an impressive team and the recent wins will give them a boost in confidence. 

Great result tonight and by all accounts thoroughly deserved. Unfortunately couldn't be there due to shift work.

A platform to build on for the start of the season. Hopefully a couple of loanees to add to the squad just for strength in numbers.

As someone who remembers what it was like watching various inevitable defeats in cup games over the years, against them, last night's great result was pleasing. It may only be one cup game but I don't think it is too wide of the mark to say that it shows real evidence of the progress made in recent seasons.

I really hope the Mo can get good results from the remaining games: Forfar, in particular, should be real test, even allowing for the fact it's early days and only the League Cup.

Brechin will also be wanting to salvage something from their recent string of defeats.

I very much look forward to the day when Ross County, who appear to have replaced St. Johnstone as our perennial humiliators, are also reined in and we see some payback, for amongst other things, the 8-1 thrashing we received in 97/98 league campaign.

Edited by Brummo
"eezergoode"

Congratulations on the win last night, the first over Saints since April 1978. It had been 10 wins and 1 draw for Saints since then. 

Nothing smash and grab about it either, Montrose were the better team and it was throughly merited. Goal fit to win any game as well. It would have been a travesty if Saints had stolen a draw with that last gasp chance. 

Was impressed by Montrose last summer when the teams met and no different last night. No reason that Stewart Petrie can't lead the team to another good season.

4 hours ago, Radford said:

Congratulations on the win last night, the first over Saints since April 1978. It had been 10 wins and 1 draw for Saints since then. 

Nothing smash and grab about it either, Montrose were the better team and it was throughly merited. Goal fit to win any game as well. It would have been a travesty if Saints had stolen a draw with that last gasp chance. 

Was impressed by Montrose last summer when the teams met and no different last night. No reason that Stewart Petrie can't lead the team to another good season.

I'm also dropping in to say well played, was very impressed by you boys last night. 

Thought your full-backs were particularly good but have to say the commitment all over the park was excellent.

Good luck for the rest of the season.