Mighty Montrose FC 2019 / 2020

Happy enough with the contract extensions that were revealed last week.
Looking forward to seeing what Blair Lyons is all about in pre season. Also looking forward to seeing a fit and confident Josh Skelly. He seems to have been scoring quite a few goals for Broughty Athletic.
Obviously delighted with Ballantyne returning. SP has revealed he is still after 3 new faces to add to the squad. This must be a keeper, centre half and either a centre mid or striker. Haven't heard any rumours but in SP we trust.

Looking forward to pre-season friendlies being announced. Hope for a Highland League side I haven't been to yet and I could do with a couple of days away up there AND IN SUMMER, not the middle of winter as usual. Might be away at Dingwall in the Cup but that's not what I mean, been there, done that and don't particularly relish that yet again. Hope we get them at home this time and St, J away for a change.

Looking forward to pre-season friendlies being announced. Hope for a Highland League side I haven't been to yet and I could do with a couple of days away up there AND IN SUMMER, not the middle of winter as usual. Might be away at Dingwall in the Cup but that's not what I mean, been there, done that and don't particularly relish that yet again. Hope we get them at home this time and St, J away for a change.
First pre season friendly is Cove away on sat 6th July. Really hope we get Ross County at home in the cup so that we get St.Johnstone away, that would be a decent away day to start off the season.

Okay, so I'm a few thousand miles away and beyond reach of BBC terrestrial telly but I saw this clip of the Mo on AVFTT and liked it. If any of you haven't seen it, it's online here!

ETA Any suggestions as to which celebrity Mo fan could sing Dynamo on next season's series? Or could we get Ronnie Montrose to do a rock version? 

Sorry, just checked and he died in 2012. R.I.P. Ronnie.

Edited by Brummo
Overexuberance

Okay, so I'm a few thousand miles away and beyond reach of BBC terrestrial telly but I saw this clip of the Mo on AVFTT and liked it. If any of you haven't seen it, it's online here!
ETA Any suggestions as to which celebrity Mo fan could sing Dynamo on next season's series? Or could we get Ronnie Montrose to do a rock version? 
Sorry, just checked and he died in 2012. R.I.P. Ronnie.
Hamish?

On 6/2/2019 at 20:41, GableEnder21 said:
On 6/2/2019 at 20:24, MOFOREVER said:

First pre season friendly is Cove away on sat 6th July. Really hope we get Ross County at home in the cup so that we get St.Johnstone away, that would be a decent away day to start off the season.

So nothing new on the agenda this season then. Oh well, up to Cove again, maybe a weekend up Dingwall way, probably the St. J game but with two more games in Angus within a couple more days I might well have to be sensible for a change - that could mean anything!!

12 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Surely our pre season game won't be segregated?

I for one would seriously hope it isn't segregated. If it isn't then it's up to us fans to make sure everything happens in an orderly fashion and there is no aggro inside or outside the stadium. It only takes one idiot from either side unfortunately. For more meaningful games though I'd also like to see an experiment without segregation but frankly I think that's unlikely and we have to be guided by Police advice I guess.

Meanwhile lets hope for a successful season ahead for both our clubs. Wish we were taking on the Dundee sides - we ain't even lucky enough to get one in the mickey mouse cup! What do we get?  Another trip up to Dingwall, Saints at home again and our country cousins from Forfar and Brechin again - no disrespect meant or intended.

Jamie Redman away to Cover Rangers for next season.  He'll always be remembered for the goal against Elgin that won the league in 2018.  He should be able to refresh his playing career in League 2.  Good luck to Jamie.  

Good signing for Cove. I see them staying clear of 10th this upcoming season.
The league cup group isn't great and would of preferred a visit to Perth.
I hope with the newly licensed clubs entering the Scottish Cup we get a good draw away at somewhere new to visit. Off topic but the Scottish Cup could become a thing off beauty going ahead.
Regarding the team, evolution rather than revolution is the way to go. Would like a couple more younger players coming in but think we are in decent shape at this stage of the year and ready to go.

Expected Jammer to head to Cove. Reckon he will do a great job for them. Natural born leader who will give everything for the team. Had a great couple of seasons but maybe a good thing so that SP can bring a bit of youth to our ageing midfield.

Big boots to fill for the new midfielder I assume we will bring in.