Your Club's Manager, As a Player

On 04/06/2019 at 16:14, JamieThomas said:

Anyway, as no one else has done it, here's the objective list:

1. Gerrard (non debatable)

DROP

2. Levein (again non debatable unless your opening statement is "I'm mentally handicapped")

DROP

3. Lennon

I don’t remember ever watching Levein play but I was surprised to see he has never won any major honours in Scotland whilst Lennon has 11 and none in England whilst Lennon has 2.

Seem to remember someone mentioning he had the chance to win the league on one occasion but literally shat it. 

14 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Cool m8, keep me up to date

Any explanation for those who weren’t there why Craig Levein’s career looks so shit when viewed through the prism of honours and statistics?

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Cool m8, keep me up to date

I remember watching Levein play and he was a class player. If I remember rightly Souness tried to buy him before Butcher but Hearts wouldn’t sell ??

If it hadn’t been for 3 very bad injuries I think he would have had an amazing career.

Strong defender, calm in possession, good passer, good leader even at a young age.

A lot of the younger posters won’t have seen him play but that doesn’t mean he’s not good.

I would have him 2nd on the list.

Oh and Rice was a class above Holt as a player.

If you don't think Lennon is one of the best SPL players ever you’re probably the kind of moron who needed to be told Makelele and Kante were key players in title winning sides.

Of course John Kennedy is clearly better because he might have had a better career if not for injuries.

Guest Moomintroll
If you don't think Lennon is one of the best SPL players ever you’re probably the kind of moron who needed to be told Makelele and Kante were key players in title winning sides.
Of course John Kennedy is clearly better because he might have had a better career if not for injuries.
I fooking hated Lennon as a player but he allowed the attacking players Celtic had at the time do their thing with no fear as they knew he was there to lock the gate, also allowed the Centre Halves to do a Puyol knowing that he had their position covered. Scott Brown really is a pale, pale imitation of the footballer Neil Lennon was & his genuine ability tends to be forgotten about far too much for me.

5 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
12 minutes ago, The OP said:

I fooking hated Lennon as a player but he allowed the attacking players Celtic had at the time do their thing with no fear as they knew he was there to lock the gate, also allowed the Centre Halves to do a Puyol knowing that he had their position covered. Scott Brown really is a pale, pale imitation of the footballer Neil Lennon was & his genuine ability tends to be forgotten about far too much for me.

That entire era could be basically summed up as “If Lennon is ahead of the ball, we’re in trouble”.

Guest Moomintroll
That entire era could be basically summed up as “If Lennon is ahead of the ball, we’re in trouble”.
I wouldn't bloody know, it never seemed to happen when we were playing your mob.

On 30/06/2019 at 08:48, The OP said:

Any explanation for those who weren’t there why Craig Levein’s career looks so shit when viewed through the prism of honours and statistics?

He played for Hearts.

On 04/07/2019 at 10:06, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Aside from the the icy hand of fate in 1986 you mean?

Injuries 

Then John Kennedy was the greatest player to ever grace the Scottish game because he might've been. 

27 minutes ago, The OP said:

Then John Kennedy was the greatest player to ever grace the Scottish game because he might've been. 

Perhaps you'd be the best poster on P&B if it wasn't for your mental injuries.

18 minutes ago, Darren said:

Perhaps you'd be the best poster on P&B if it wasn't for your mental injuries.

Mental injuries isn't a medical or psychological term of art mate; it's something you've just made up with no commonly understood meaning. Rethink what you wanted to say there and come back to me.

10 minutes ago, The OP said:

Mental injuries isn't a medical or psychological term of art mate; it's something you've just made up with no commonly understood meaning. Rethink what you wanted to say there and come back to me.

Sorry, it would appear you are autistic. I should have been more specific.