Championship Squad Lists 19/20

1 hour ago, Derry1893 said:

what is josh todd like? hadn't heard of him until he signed a pca with us

He is a much better player than I gave him credit for being before he played for us. I watched him a few times when he was young playing up front for Annan. He looked decent but not exceptional and he didnt do masses against us fir Dumbarton or St Mirren either but he did well out wide when we signed him on loan.

After signing him permanently he was a revelation, excelling out wide and providing our 2nd best goal threat behind Dobbie or running the games from central midfield. He was man of the match in our 1-1 Scottish Cup draw at Dens but was injured before the replay and missed about 10 games. He only really recaptured his form in the playoffs. 

Good player, will do well for you.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He is a much better player than I gave him credit for being before he played for us. I watched him a few times when he was young playing up front for Annan. He looked decent but not exceptional and he didnt do masses against us fir Dumbarton or St Mirren either but he did well out wide when we signed him on loan.

After signing him permanently he was a revelation, excelling out wide and providing our 2nd best goal threat behind Dobbie or running the games from central midfield. He was man of the match in our 1-1 Scottish Cup draw at Dens but was injured before the replay and missed about 10 games. He only really recaptured his form in the playoffs. 

Good player, will do well for you.

always good to hear good reviews from the previous clubs fans, cheers bud

Partick Thistle 2019 /20- all ages as at 3/8/2019 and contract to summer 2020 unless stated
Goalkeepers 
Jamie Sneddon (23)
Cammy Bell (32)
Defenders 
James Penrice (20)
Steven Saunders (28)
Sean McGinty (25)
Tam O'Ware (26)
Ryan Williamson (23) - contract to summer 2021
Midfielders 
Stuart Bannigan (26)
Gary Harkins (34)
Craig Slater (25)
Shea Gordon (21) - contract to summer 2021
Callum Wilson (20)
Wingers 
Aidan Fitzpatrick (18)- contract to summer 2021
Joe Cardle (32)
Strikers 
TBC

First Team Leavers
Spoiler

Aaron Lennox
Christie Elliott- Carlisle United
Blair Spittal
Kris Doolan
Scott McDonald- Western United (Australia)
Andy McCarthy
Miles Storey
Soulemayne Coulibaly- Etoile du Sahel (Tunisia)
Ally Roy (Grass)
Niall Keown 

Jamie Sneddon will be age 21 on the stated date.

On 01/06/2019 at 13:18, Ludo*1 said:

Goalkeepers

#1: Jack Hamilton (25) - May 2021

#38: Calum Ferrie (20) - May 2020

Defenders

#2: Cammy Kerr (23) - May 2021

#3: Jordan McGhee (22) - May 2021

#14: Andrew Davies (34) - May 2020

#24: Josh Meekings (26) - May 2020

#: Jordan Marshall (22) - May 2021

Midfielders

#8: Shaun Byrne (25) - May 2022 (Option of further year)

#18: Paul McGowan (31) - May 2020

#: Josh Todd (24) - May 2021

#: Declan McDaid (23) - May 2021

Strikers

#20: Kenny Miller (39) - May 2020

#21: Andrew Nelson (21) - May 2021

#23: Craig Curran (29) - May 2021

Manager

James McPake (34) - Rolling Contract.

There's quite a few I've not included such as Cammy Kerr who is expected to sign a new deal but hasn't officially done so. Nathan Ralph is another who is technically signed up till next season but has triggered a relegation release clause and I've also not included our youth players who will no doubt make a contribution over the course of the season. As pre-season develops I'll include the ones who seem to be complimenting our squad.

Ages as at 1/6/19.

in regards to Shaun Byrne who holds the option for a further year ? player or club ? 

Was just curious (and slightly bored) to see how total first team squad numbers was looking so just going by whats on this thread this is how it stands:

Would be interesting to see how the average ages of each team lines up as well, i think quite a few will have a lot of youth in the squads this season while trying to cut the cloth

Alloa - (15)

Arbroath - 17 (18)

Ayr - 18 (23)

Dundee - 15 (21)

Dundee United - 24 (20)

Dunfermline - 20 (22)

Greenock Morton - 17 (17)

ICT - (25)

Partick Thistle - 17 (16)

Queen of the South - 16 (16)

** (x) is what is shown on each teams website**

Edited by 80sPar
updated

Wiki has us with a pretty huge looking squad but there are a lot of youngsters in there and also, well, Wiki.

Quick scan over that list though suggests we'll operate with a squad size of around 19 or 20 as things stand for this season.

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Wiki has us with a pretty huge looking squad but there are a lot of youngsters in there and also, well, Wiki.

Quick scan over that list though suggests we'll operate with a squad size of around 19 or 20 as things stand for this season.

just checked your website and it has you down as having a 1st team squad of 25 (clearly some youth players in there but so do most teams tbh)

I did this on our thread a couple of days ago. For the ICT website I assumed the guys wearing the away kit with squad numbers in the 30s and looking about 14 years old were all youth players and didn't count them. Alloa I just took everyone as there were only 15 and no obviously young players. 3 of Alloa's 15 are goalies, them and -unsurprisingly- DU are the only teams with 3 senior keepers.

On 09/07/2019 at 17:54, Fuctifano said:

FWIW, as per the pinned thread on here (for everyone except ICT and Alloa in which case I've referred to their club websites), here are the amount of signed first team players for every club as of now.

Dundee Utd- 25-  now 26 with King
Dunfermline -20
Ayr, ICT- 18, Ayr now 19 with Kelly
Arbroath, Morton- 17
Thistle, QoS- 16- Thistle now 17 with Palmer
Dundee, Alloa- 15