The English Football League 2019-20

7-2

Meanwhile Sky are tipping brilliant striker turned good pundit turned lousy manager Thierry Henry as the ideal candidate to lead Bournemouth back to the Premier League
Thierry Henry has a career win percentage of 26% as a manager
Thierry Henry is not the man to lead Bournemouth back to the Premier League
This has disaster written all over it.

5 hours ago, David W said:

I'm all for referees brawling with players. I'd encourage them to leap in the stands on occasion as well.

There was 2 brothers refereed games in Airdrie, (not at the same time) usually pub league, unaffiliated games type of thing. It wasn't all that rare that one of them would lose the rag and give a player a hammering for dissent. 

Sunderland steal a point and i mean stole a point today. First half we we're hopeless  i think we'll get into the playoffs it would be an interesting final if we made it and played Portsmouth.

Who's going to bottle it less Final is what it should be dubbed as if it ends up being that.

Edited by Rbon

Norwich beat Brentford to go 10 points clear in the Championship.

Looking forward to them stinking the Premier League out next season, going straight back down and then being promoted again the following season. Ad Infinitum.

On 17/02/2021 at 13:50, 19QOS19 said:

No doubt the referee will be demoted and again players get off scot-free from giving officials dogs abuse.

They really need to make a change in regard to officiating the game. Love it or hate it, rugby is streets ahead in this respect.

On 17/02/2021 at 17:45, Mark Connolly said:

Player dives, then gets up pointing and shouting in the ref's face. Ref (who is about 2 feet taller than him) stands his ground, and is shoved away by other players.

If the ref "motions his head forward", he'd also have had to duck in order to headbutt the cheating, diving wee p***k of a player.

In shock to no one, it turns out the player twice called the referee a combination of fucking cheating bald c**t, yet is not being banned for that.

You wonder how it's got to the point where the referees are so shit scared of giving out blatant red cards that they'd rather almost stick the heid in someone. Suppose it's a combination of no ref mic to show everyone how bad the abuse is (when they inevitably moan about players being sent off) and the PGMOL / assessors etc. not backing the referees?

• 1 month later...

Rotherham looked OK against Brentford, however you can see why they are where they are, we could still be playing that game now and they wouldn't have scored. 

Brentford have 3rd wrapped up so I'd expect a changed side against Bristol, 0/10 not looking forward to the playoffs.