The English Football League 2019-20

7-2

On 11/09/2020 at 19:58, TheGoon said:

There’s no conceivable way that Watford side does not get promoted provided there aren’t too many departures within the next month.  

They're about to sign Olsen from Roma, too. I guess Bachmann is about to get sold off/binned. 

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Would it have been Luton before Notts County? emoji848.png

Probably, I was Just shouting out an example. Carlisle are another.

Just now, Eednud said:

Macclesfield Town but they’ve gone bust again. Yeovil Town were relegated with Notts County.

Neither top flight though.

What's the lowest points total in the championship? Think Wycombe are going to be threatening it, miles off the pace. 
From what I could find it was when Rotherham finished the 16/17 season with 23 points.

Its early days but I'd agree that Wycombe might struggle to even match that.

Oxford vs Crewe called off less than an hour before kick off because a Crewe player has tested positive for Covid

Going to be interesting watching some of the lower leagues sides trying to fit their fixtures in all over the place.

17 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

This thread should be renamed for this season.

Graham Alexander has been. sacked by Salford City and replaced by Paul Scholes. He got the club promoted to the football league. They are currently 5th in League 2 after 5 unbeaten games and only 3 points from the top. 

Alexander was rightly sacked IMO.

Salford have a huge budget for that league (mid table league 1) yet he failed to get them near the play offs last season. Players like Towell, Wilson, Hladky, Henderson and others are on 2k+ a week.

They can certainly get a better manager.

Wayne Rooney misses Derby’s next 3 games (including the local derby against Forest), having to self-isolate for 14 days.
Apparently he met a friend ‘to buy a watch off him’ unaware that his pal had tested positive for C19! [emoji15] All sounds a bit dodgy no??