7-2

The English Football League 2019-20

It is Brentford's fourth play-off final defeat, and they have now failed to win promotion in nine play-off campaigns - setting a new English Football League record

And we thought our play off record was bad.

Do i feel sorry for them and Mr T Frank, no i dont he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut until the season is finished as this is what happens when you shout your mouth off.

When the chips were down he and his team failed.

They basically lost three playoff finals at the end of the season. Can't remember a bigger bottle job at the top. Maybe when West Brom caught Wolves about 15 years ago.

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

That game last night was brutal.

I propose a rule change from next season: if the play-off final is a 0-0 shitfest at the end of normal time then neither team gets promoted. Obviously that would mean 3rd bottom in the Premier League stays up.

In Italy, the team in the higher league position goes up.

In Italy, the team in the higher league position goes up.
Apologies if I come across a bit thick here but does that essentially mean that if the game the other night had ended on 90 minutes then Brentford would have gone up?

1 hour ago, Countryman said:

Leagues 1 and 2 vote for salary cap, with immediate effect

I was shocked by those caps.  I know most players won't be anywhere near the top end of those ranges but still, the thought that someone at Lincoln or Gillingham could be earning 10 times as much as a Scottish Premiership player is mind-blowing.

Posted this in the league reconstruction thread as we might actually be the beneficiaries from this as it'll create a slightly more even playing field.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ee0bH12XsAUVfVA?format=jpg&name=large

Some clubs are going to need to do major surgery on their squads.

3 hours ago, The DA said:

I was shocked by those caps.  I know most players won't be anywhere near the top end of those ranges but still, the thought that someone at Lincoln or Gillingham could be earning 10 times as much as a Scottish Premiership player is mind-blowing.

2 hours ago, Lofarl said:

2.5mil is still 48k a week.

Surely it's £2.5m per team is it no? So if a 20 man squad, an average of roughly £2400 a week for League 1, and £1442 a week for League 2. Still mad of course but not as extreme as you're thinking. Carlisle apparently operate well under the cap already.

Sorry I assumed that there would be no way teams in Scotland would be able to pay more in wages than league one and two.  So are we to expect an influx of English nans coming up here now.

Just now, Lofarl said:

Sorry I assumed that there would be no way teams in Scotland would be able to pay more in wages than league one and two.  So are we to expect an influx of English nans coming up here now.

Wages are still quite high by Scottish footballing terms. For example, Dave Cormack said he'd reduced Aberdeen's budget to £4m this season so you'd imagine past yourselves, the English clubs will still get the pick of the bunch, but there'll be a lot of deadwood and the exposure players get here will play a bigger part than ever!

1 hour ago, DG.Roma said:

Surely it's £2.5m per team is it no? So if a 20 man squad, an average of roughly £2400 a week for League 1, and £1442 a week for League 2. Still mad of course but not as extreme as you're thinking. Carlisle apparently operate well under the cap already.

Ah, that's more like it.