7-2

The English Football League 2019-20

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

A fun few weeks of sweating over courtroom shenanigans awaits Barnsley and Wigan.

They could read through the "League Reconstruction 2020/21 season" thread to pass the time.

11 Angy men plus 5 subs?

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The BBC table showed them in a relegation spot whenever I posted, and still does

In that case, I recommend livescore.com

The BBC table showed them in a relegation spot whenever I posted, and still does
The rules say that they get the points deducted at the end of the season, so they have only now been deducted.

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

A fun few weeks of sweating over courtroom shenanigans awaits Barnsley and Wigan.

They could read through the "League Reconstruction 2020/21 season" thread to pass the time.

Will they heckers like.

2 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The rules say that they get the points deducted at the end of the season, so they have only now been deducted.

The report of the Wigan v Fulham game talks of Wigan's relegation while the accompanying table shows them quite safe.

The table on the main BBC football page shows them relegated! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The report of the Wigan v Fulham game talks of Wigan's relegation while the accompanying table shows them quite safe.

The table on the main BBC football page shows them relegated! :lol:

For balance, the "it's no fair" table and the actual table.

Still some potential for Sheffield Wednesday to steal one of the relegation places.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Their points deduction is from the start of next season.

Thought it was this season but they’re currently appealing. Sure that’s what one of the commentators said earlier.

Still some potential for Sheffield Wednesday to steal one of the relegation places.
This a whoosh?

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Thought it was this season but they’re currently appealing. Sure that’s what one of the commentators said earlier.

That's the case for Wigan because they have already committed the offence, but Wednesday are still under investigation so it won't be until next season.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That's the case for Wigan because they have already committed the offence, but Wednesday are still under investigation so it won't be until next season.

Shows what I get for only half paying attention. Saw a goal update involving Wednesday and must have assumed he was talking about them.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Not sure about that, Derby also under investigation and the season doesn't officially end tonight.

The actual end of the season from an administrative standpoint is the EFL annual general meeting, which is due to be held in the middle of August.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53484188

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
36 minutes ago, Raven said:

This a whoosh?

Not entirely a whoosh as, since 2019, they still face a misconduct charge and potential points deduction for alleged breaches of the financial rules, possibly 21 points.

I wouldn't bet on it happening though.

IMG_5823.jpg
Liverpool: avoid gathering at the stadium

Leeds: Hold my beer I need to drive a bus

Is there not strong rumours that the guy who last took over Wigan(resulting in their current financial predicament) having links to a Far East betting syndicate who had staked a large amount of money on Wigan getting relegated!

42 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

RE: Wednesday; the independent tribunal has yet to make a decision; even when it does it is likely that the Owls or the EFL will appeal the judgement, so it will be messy for a while. My understanding is that there is not yet a date for the judgement, thats up to the indepndent panel.

Then there is the 'similar'  case against Derby to follow.

9 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Is there not strong rumours that the guy who last took over Wigan(resulting in their current financial predicament) having links to a Far East betting syndicate who had staked a large amount of money on Wigan getting relegated!

Correct. There's a video of the League Chairman (?) telling somebody about it while getting secretly recorded.

Why are so many English football clubs such absolute basket cases? To think of their press's sneering over the odd admin case in Italian or Scottish football in recent years when there's already been about half a dozen in the EFL this season alone. 

Not entirely a whoosh as, since 2019, they still face a misconduct charge and potential points deduction for alleged breaches of the financial rules, possibly 21 points.
I wouldn't bet on it happening though.
Ah right. I never knew that. I just thought you thought there were more games