The English Football League 2019-20

7-2

Good news for Bolton and their fans, however there is still a lot of work to do to salvage anything from their season.  They only have a handful of senior players and a points deduction so I would imagine that they have an advance ticket on the relegation express.  The best thing they can do is try to develop their young players this season to prepare for a promotion push in League Two next y ear

I'm quite sure if you asked any Bolton fans, they would be quite happy just to have a club playing at any EFL level this time next year.
I can't see them signing many players, they may need to play the loan market and call in a few favours to get a few experienced pros to help their kids. Otherwise it's going to be a long, hard and embarrassing season.

I read that there are parties still looking to purchase Bury. Too late now surely?
Well, they could buy the club from the dobber that currently owns it, but they still won't have anyone to play until next season. At whatever level they can get into.

1 minute ago, Forest_Fifer said:
4 minutes ago, Leonard Cohen said:
I read that there are parties still looking to purchase Bury. Too late now surely?

Well, they could buy the club from the dobber that currently owns it, but they still won't have anyone to play until next season. At whatever level they can get into.

Maybe they could do what Rangers threatened to do if they weren't allowed back into the league setup and play a series of glamour friendlies around the world?

9 minutes ago, Leonard Cohen said:

If a deal was completed very quickly, the EFL could let the club re-join if its constitution rules allow it. It is highly unlikely as the preferred bidder's statement was revealing - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/4949392.

"Ultimately though, it was six years of a combination of financial mismanagement, errors in governance and issues that ultimately meant that to unravel them, in what was a short period of time, were incredibly difficult." Phil Neville did not comment on that even though his mother only resigned as club secretary last week. 

A new club starting in the a lower tier of the non-league pyramid next season is the most likely outcome. 

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

One of them could easily have sold their 10% of Salford back to Peter Lim or whoever wants it and helped Bury.

Actually, there probably wouldn't have been be enough time to do that.

Bury had been having major problems since December . The Nevilles could have sold their stake at any time to step in and help. But they chose to let their club die.

I hope that the EFL report Phill Neville to the FA over his irresponsiblel comments. The manager of the England's Women's team should not be slagging off the EFL. They were far from disgraceful and gave Bury every chance. Frankly, he FA should fire him as he has brought the game in disrepute in a cowardly and very public way.

16 hours ago, Dele said:

Why would he want to throw endless money at a club that has (by all accounts) a massive fucking unpluggable black hole?

His mother worked there for however many years - he should be getting slaughtered for his mother still having to work and him and his brother not sending them off to a life of luxury. He shouldn't be getting hounded for not throwing his money down a well. 

Surely they’re only in an unpluggable black hole because of the current owner? 

A remotely competent owner doesn’t let this happen.  I severely doubt any of the class of 92 would’ve let that happens under their leadership.

Edited by TheScarf

Who is Steve Dale?

Steve Dale is a businessman who took over control at Bury in December 2018.

A worrying 43 of the 51 companies Dale has been associated with have been liquidated.

Dale had promised to work closely with the community to ensure the club became financially viable after years of cash problems.

The EFL admitted they did not put him through the usual process of due diligence when he took control because the club's future was under threat at the time.

Dale had wanted to sell the club, and initially came up with an asking price of £2million.

There were reportedly four interested groups looking to buy Bury, but a deal could not be agreed with any of them.

Because there are 8 companies in the British Virgin Islands that have a vested stake in Bury through various deals.

No wonder they went down.

The main issue with the Nevilles for me is not so much now but when they decided to get involved with the Salford ego trip. At that stage their beloved hometown club, the club they supposedly supported as boys and that their parents devoted much of their lives to, were 'only' in debt, like numerous other clubs. They were the local lads made good who had the very rare opportunity to buy 'their' club, make it financially stable again, invest in it directly and indirectly through their contacts, grow it and take it up a few levels while helping out their home town at the same time. Virtually every young fans dream come true. But they went for 'the Salford project' instead. 

Now they're crying crocodile tears and bleating away while blaming all in sundry because 'their club' has got booted out the league and likely to go completely tits up while their expensive new toy zooms up the leagues in their expensive new stadium. f**k right off and shut the f**k up. I'm delighted to hear the hypocrite brothers are getting slaughtered on social media as they deserve every single bit of flack their getting.

Why would he want to throw endless money at a club that has (by all accounts) a massive fucking unpluggable black hole?
His mother worked there for however many years - he should be getting slaughtered for his mother still having to work and him and his brother not sending them off to a life of luxury. He shouldn't be getting hounded for not throwing his money down a well. 
Instead they're throwing endless money down another black hole, one which has no history to speak of and no family ties.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
8 hours ago, Dele said:

Instead they're throwing endless money down another black hole

Are they? 

Last reports I read the debts had come down massively, the net worth of the club had gone up and they were steadily improving the assets. 

6 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Good news for Bolton and their fans, however there is still a lot of work to do to salvage anything from their season.  They only have a handful of senior players and a points deduction so I would imagine that they have an advance ticket on the relegation express.  The best thing they can do is try to develop their young players this season to prepare for a promotion push in League Two next y ear

It’s the only thing to do.

Apparently fans were chanting “f**k the EFL” in all league cup games last night.

I genuinely don’t see what they did wrong, they gave Bury more than enough opportunities to sort it out before expelling them.

31 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Apparently fans were chanting “f**k the EFL” in all league cup games last night.

I genuinely don’t see what they did wrong, they gave Bury more than enough opportunities to sort it out before expelling them.

It’s almost as if football fans tend to be thick as f**k.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/aug/28/bury-expulsion-efl-regulations-meaningless?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

“It is at this point the bleak reality of how football is regulated starts to intrude. In practice, the league rules are something less than rules. There is no proper sanction for failing to provide proof of funding, or at least none that stops you from buying a club. So we end up, as always, at a dead end; the place where the value we see in our football clubs as social concerns meets the cold, hard edges of the market.”