Jump to content

The English Football League 2019-20


7-2
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

We may as well start this off with a good laugh...
West Brom will attempt to make Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder their new boss. (Express and Star)

A quick date check showed today is indeed 1 June and not 1 April. :wacko:

why would he?especially as hes a fan of the blades as well as their manager

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Peterborough's summer signings so far...

Mo Eisa, FW (Bristol City, undisc)
Dan Butler, LB (free)
Christy Pym, GK (free)
Mark Beevers, CB (free)
Frazer Blake-Tracy, LB (free)
Serhat Tasdemir, AM (Fylde, undisc)

A transfer record they paid for Mo Eisa.

Darren Ferguson back and doing business

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, highlandcowden said:

why would he?especially as hes a fan of the blades as well as their manager

It's utterly ridiculous. From the quick look I had at the comments even the WBA fans are calling it a load of nonsense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Salford will spend ridiculous sums to scrape to a 3rd place in League 2.

Bolton will be relegated to league 2, with a grand total of 12 points.

Leeds will finish 2nd and be promoted.

Huddersfield will fight relegation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 7-2 said:

It's utterly ridiculous. From the quick look I had at the comments even the WBA fans are calling it a load of nonsense. 

Seems to be a power move from Wilder, who's apparently been given a reduced budget for next season.

The old "someone else will want me if you dont, and let's see how the fans react" manoeuvre. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to be a power move from Wilder, who's apparently been given a reduced budget for next season.

The old "someone else will want me if you dont, and let's see how the fans react" manoeuvre. 

Where did you get that from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/06/2019 at 16:18, mizfit said:

Salford will spend ridiculous sums to scrape to a 3rd place in League 2.

Bolton will be relegated to league 2, with a grand total of 12 points.

Leeds will finish 2nd and be promoted.

Huddersfield will fight relegation.

Not sure if Salford have signed anyone else yet but notice Richie Towell has joined them from premier league Brighton :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Tbf it’s hardly like he’s a PL superstar dropping miles down. He’s probably a League 1/bottom Championship standard player so not hugely shocking.

Agreed but he was with an EPL club and played regularly in the Championship last season so you'd think he'd be looking for a club of the standard you mention with a wage of that level's.  I'd have thought Salford would have been looking to poach from the top of League 2/bottom to maybe mid League 1 tops so they've gone higher than expected. Reminds me of Gretna signing SPL guys from a couple of divisions below, although not enough to make me want to vomit!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

Agreed but he was with an EPL club and played regularly in the Championship last season so you'd think he'd be looking for a club of the standard you mention with a wage of that level's.  I'd have thought Salford would have been looking to poach from the top of League 2/bottom to maybe mid League 1 tops so they've gone higher than expected. Reminds me of Gretna signing SPL guys from a couple of divisions below, although not enough to make me want to vomit!

I assume the only reason he’s there is that they are offering a wage at that level. Would I rather play in League 1 for someone like Doncaster or get paid more to play in League 2 for Salford? No brainer for me if that’s the scenario he was in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

As usual, Leeds will be top of the Championship at Christmas and then finish 3rd and lose in the play off semi final.

Is it the same folk who own PSG who are looking to buy Leeds or just folk related to the PSG owners? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I assume the only reason he’s there is that they are offering a wage at that level. Would I rather play in League 1 for someone like Doncaster or get paid more to play in League 2 for Salford? No brainer for me if that’s the scenario he was in.

Indeed but it was more a reflection on what Salford must be paying. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slaven Bilic is West Bromwich Albion's first choice to take over as Head Coach


Russell Tovey is my first choice for a shag but that’s not likely to happen either.*









*I’ll be giving Russell a call if Bilic to West Brom does go through.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leyton Orient manager Justin Edinburgh has died aged 49 following a cardiac arrest.

As a player Edinburgh played as a left back most noteably with Spurs who he appeared for 215. Before Spurs he started out at Southend & post-Spurs played for Portsmouth & Billericay Town.

As a manger he started at Billericay as player-manager & went on to manage Fisher Athletic, Grays Athletic, Rushden & Diamonds, Newport County, Gillingham, Northampton Town & Leyton Orient who he joined in November 2017.

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2019/june/justin-edinburgh-statement/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7-2 changed the title to The English Football League 2019-20

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...