The English Football League 2019-20

7-2

Think he's quite unlucky there tbh. He never lunged intentionally. He's caught his foot on the Brentford boy's boot and the mementum has taken him through the back of him. But first look it looks a lunge so can't blame the ref.

I feel somewhat sorry for him, as I think he's tried to do a cynical clip of the ankles to stop a counter attack, has totally misjudged where his feet should be, slipped and gone in horribly. It's a clear red as he's off the ground and going straight into the back of the Brentford player.

There was a similar one with Tillson against someone in the run in, but it was from the front where he slipped and only got a booking.

The answer to this is probably "Fucking years ago", but when did they stop having the Championship final on the bank holiday Monday?
I always remember it being Tier 4 final on Saturday, 3 on Sunday, and 2 on Monday
They used to play League 2 Saturday, League 1 Sunday, Championship Monday which pissed me off because Fife always takes the following Monday for some reason. They then went through a phase where that was in the odd years and it was swapped for the even years so that Championship players who were internationals could have more rest before the summer tournaments. Then they relied that having the (in theory) best footballing teams playing on a pitch that had had 2 games on it in the 48 hours before hand wasn't the best idea so they decided to swap it permanently IIRC.

Second goal was from the same place but at opposite ends. Dougall given way too much space just outside the box.

Feel there's a goal for Lincoln here if they can get some sustained pressure on. Blackpool's defence has had a couple of wobbles.