The English Football League 2019-20

7-2

On 27/07/2020 at 21:02, Bully Wee Villa said:

I could possible envisage some half and half compromise like a 16 or 18 team Premier League and a similar-sized "Premier League 2" below it. Would be largely pointless as you would still have a huge gap, albeit it would be better the second and third tiers rather than the first and second.

It has gone almost unnoticed,  but there is that gap there.  Look how Rotherham have been bouncing between the two.  The teams fighting the Championship drop were almost all those coming up last season.

That's partly due to the salary caps in L1 and L2.   Means there is more ground to make up in the Championship - without the banked income to do so, and, for the most part, without sugar daddies to help them.

2 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Championship Playoff Final is tonight, between Brentford and Fulham

Some mad statistic that no team playing in red and white shirts and black shorts has ever one a playoff final. This includes Brentford, Forest, Sunderland and Exeter.

Over 30 games apparently.

3 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Some mad statistic that no team playing in red and white shirts and black shorts has ever one a playoff final. This includes Brentford, Forest, Sunderland and Exeter.

Over 30 games apparently.

Hopefully for Brentford their kit man has brought their away kit then. 

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Hope Brentford win tonight but have a feeling them blowing automatic promotion will haunt them forever. Hope I’m wrong. 

I don’t have Sky or a fire stick, where can I watch the game online? 

Someone else's house.