The English Football League 2019-20

7-2

He is the third manager to depart Reading in just 19 months after Jaap Stam parted company with the club in March 2018 and Paul Clement was sacked midway through last season.

Reading are now looking for a ninth manager in 10 years, which just about sums up the shambolic last decade.

They over-achived and are paying the price.

Readings a strange one. I saw them a few times in the early 2000s when my brother was living in the area. Impressive stadium, right by the motorway junction. Plus it's a big town, with a huge catchment area (500k +) yet they've never realised this potential.

I just don't think it's a football town particularly, and a non football owner who couldn't seem to give it away.

As you say over achievement with Steve Coppell possibly created unrealistic expectations

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 20:51, Senator Frimpton said:

Readings a strange one. I saw them a few times in the early 2000s when my brother was living in the area. Impressive stadium, right by the motorway junction. Plus it's a big town, with a huge catchment area (500k +) yet they've never realised this potential.

Fucking nightmare of a place to go if you want a drink beforehand though. Nowhere near the town centre. Getting back after the match can be a nightmare. 

I just don't think it's a football town particularly, and a non football owner who couldn't seem to give it away.
As you say over achievement with Steve Coppell possibly created unrealistic expectations

My dad is friends with someone from Reading, apparently a large portion of the town support Chelsea for some reason.

On 09/10/2019 at 15:14, G_Man1985 said:

Managers just dont last very long these days.

No such worries for Sol Campbell at Southend after his most auspicious start last night

that little run about extends my Rovers watching record at Roots Hall to six wins and two draws in eight games with a 17-3 goal differential...

6 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Good on Derby County

Not saying he doesn't deserve it but its easy to do when he is out for 14 months and only has 18 months left on his contract. If he was more valuable with a longer contract he wouldn't have been sacked. As Gordon Strachan said "there are no morals in football"

12 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Good on Derby County

Aye. Bin the guy whose career is finished whilst being a passenger in a drunk drivers car but play the two folk actually drunk driving the next week. 

Well done Derby indeed.