The English Football League 2019-20

7-2

4 hours ago, Donathan said:

I'd have suspended them for the rest of the season and awarded 46 straight 3-0 defeats to relegate them to league two. That would give them a few months to see if they could come up with something viable. Expelling them outright took that option off the table.

Can only assume this isn’t a serious post? 

19 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

There was no practical way back in for Bury.

They were expelled a bit too quickly IMO as that final bid on the table seemed credible. Once you're expelled, however, you're out.

I guess, if they are successfully re-formed, they'll start again in NPL Div 1 North West, Tier 8, maybe even the North West Counties League below (Tier 9 or, if really unlucky, Tier 10).

That means the likes of Widnes, Congleton Town, Kendal, Prescot Cables in front of crowds of 150-200; the NWCL, even less than that. Quite a fall.

Unless I read it wrong they don't need to reform as they never died. They weren't liquidated and Bury is still a club. 

So the same club but they'll have to reapply somewhere. My guess is that they'll ask to be admitted to the next league down and so on until they're accepted somewhere.

Don't think they were expelled top quickly. They missed numerous deadlines did they not? They shouldn't have been allowed to start the season at all.

Derby County captain Richard Keogh could be out for up to 15 months after sustaining knee ligament damage on the night of a crash that led to the arrest of two of his team-mates.

Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett were charged with drink-driving following the incident in Derby's Allestree area on Tuesday, 24 September.

Derby said that Keogh, 33, had been hurt in an "alcohol-related incident".

The defender was initially ruled out for the rest of the season.

However, the Republic of Ireland centre-back may now be out until December 2020.

The crash followed a team-building dinner, and Derby have said there will be a "rigorous internal investigation".

FIFA have ruled that Cardiff City must pay Nantes a fee of £5.3m for the transfer of Emiliano Sala.

Took a while but the correct decision
The ruling was just for the initial part of the transfer(the first £5.3 was due as soon as he signed). But will still have to play the rest of parts (probably without any extras for aperances or goals) depending on the appeal.

Watching the Birmingham Middlesborough game, Birmingham could be 3 up in the first 20 minutes alone. Darren Randolph looks both reliable and shaky at the same time, the EFL’s Ryan Scully.

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Boro are absolute garbage, but at least Tony Pulis isn’t in charge.

I could definitely see a scenerio where they get relegated, Sunderland fail to get promoted, and Newcastle also get relegated.  A whole year of northeastern misery

On 04/10/2019 at 23:55, senorsoupe said:

I could definitely see a scenerio where they get relegated, Sunderland fail to get promoted, and Newcastle also get relegated.  A whole year of northeastern misery

Sunderland are going absolutely nowhere under Jack Ross, unfortunately. Not a chance they, with the squad they have got, should be losing 2-0 at Lincoln City, a place where Oxford won 6-0 a couple of weeks back. Can see them binning Ross very soon.