The English Football League 2019-20

7-2

21 hours ago, Bedford White said:

Got ST and extra membership + access to mates memberships who lives in Shetland and will probably make 6 home games so can get ticket/s If you give me at least a month notice.

If this is serious, I'd like to take advantage of it this coming season too mate? 

26 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Must be close to being expelled from the league and every side having their game annulled....

Will bookies pay out on bets that they'd be relegated in that instance? 

Will one team always have a free week every week? 

Is there a precedent for this before? 

I know nothing about the Bolton takeover story but having seen a photograph of the guy trying to buy them I absolutely 100% guarantee that he’s dodgy, has no money and will have them in administration by Christmas.

Bolton Wanderers: Adjournment in Bassini case paves way for sale of League One club http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49347728

Guest Moomintroll
I know nothing about the Bolton takeover story but having seen a photograph of the guy trying to buy them I absolutely 100% guarantee that he’s dodgy, has no money and will have them in administration by Christmas.

Bolton Wanderers: Adjournment in Bassini case paves way for sale of League One club http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49347728

Is it Mark Campbell?

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

He isn't getting it. He went to court because the present owner agreed a deal with him then reneged on it to try and sell to someone else. During the adjournment it seems to be possible for the sale to the other party to go through because Bassini has changed his action to sue the owner personally rather than the club.....I think!

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

The sale of financially troubled Bolton Wanderers appears ready to go through after the court order blocking a takeover was adjourned.

The order issued by Laurence Bassini was also amended, with the injunction now between him and a company owned by ex-Bolton chairman Ken Anderson.

The case relates to a failed bid by Bassini to buy the club from Anderson.

Having proceedings adjourned until 2 September paves the way for Football Ventures to complete a deal.

The issue of the court order of 8 August suspended the already protracted takeover of the League One club, with Bolton's joint administrator Paul Appleton saying the sale had been "on the brink on completion" at the time.

The English Football League also said they were "extremely frustrated" by the development, with the club having gone into administration in May and details of a takeover by Football Ventures, a company headed by Sharon Brittan, being negotiated since July.

A solicitor representing Anderson said the High Court amendment to the order was a "fantastic result" for the Trotters, its former owner and the administrator.

"The order now gives them the ability to go ahead and sell the club and make the progress that everyone wants to see," the lawyer said.

"We'll see what happens over the new few days."

Paul Appleton, joint administrator for Bolton, said the court's findings allowed for "the sale of the football club to continue unimpeded by this issue".

His statement added: "I know it has been a frustrating few days for all involved, causing a continuing delay.

"Now we must progress to completion as quickly as possible in order to secure the future of the club.

"Accordingly, my lawyers and I are in contact with all parties to progress to completion as soon as possible and give everybody connected with Bolton Wanderers the good news they deserve."

'Very clear warning'

Bassini, the former Watford owner who in 2013 was given a three-year ban from being involved in a position of authority with any EFL club, had appeared close to taking control of Bolton in April.

While a deal was initially agreed, his purchase eventually fell through in May.

Outside the High Court in Manchester, Bassini said he was "very pleased that the judge has accepted" his continued entitlement to an injunction, but said he has ongoing concerns about how the sale of Bolton is being overseen.

"Obviously I fully believe in the integrity of my claim," he said.