Some of next season's changes to the laws of the game.

Brig O'Lea

1 A player being substituted must leave the pitch at the nearest point (like when he's injured) and not walk all the way up to the half way line.  He can be booked for failing to do so.  This is to stop time wasting. 

2 Management / coaching staff can be booked as well as sent off.  Before they could only be removed from the technical area.  If the referee is unsure who is to blame, he can book the senior team coach. 

3 In a dropped ball case, the referee will drop the ball to the side who last touched it with opponents having to stand 4 metres away.  No more dropping it to the other team who then kick it deep down the park and out of play for a throw in.

4 If the ball hits the referee and as a result, a promising attack starts, possession changes sides or the ball goes in the net then the referee will stop the game and have a drop ball.

5 If a player commits a foul and the referee is going to show a yellow or red card, he can allow the non offending team to take a quick free kick if they want providing he hasn't started the booking / sending off.  The player will then be shown a yellow or red card once play breaks down.

6 If there are 3 or more players in a defensive wall at a free kick, the opposing team's players must stay at least 1 metre from the wall.  No more pushing into the middle of the wall or joining the edge of the wall. 

7 At a penalty a goal keeper only needs to have one part of his foot on the goal line when the kick is taken. This is to allow him to step forward because so many penalty takers have a stutter in their run up nowadays. 

8 At a goal kick or free kick in the box, the ball now does not need to leave the penalty box to be played. As long as it has clearly moved, it is in play.

Edited by Brig O'Lea

I like the ball not having to leave the box at a goal kick. Fed up with the Cent Half plodder feeling under pressure and stepping into the box and taking a touch because he is under pressure. Good rule change that 

I thought I had read about another penalty rule change. If the penalty is saved and goes out for a corner then the game restarts with a corner as normal. However if the penalty hits the post or is saved and comes back into play the game is stopped and restarted with a goal kick. Did I make that up ?

17 minutes ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I thought I had read about another penalty rule change. If the penalty is saved and goes out for a corner then the game restarts with a corner as normal. However if the penalty hits the post or is saved and comes back into play the game is stopped and restarted with a goal kick. Did I make that up ?

I hope you did, because that's a daft change if it's true.

2 hours ago, DanMan said:

I like the ball not having to leave the box at a goal kick. Fed up with the Cent Half plodder feeling under pressure and stepping into the box and taking a touch because he is under pressure. Good rule change that 

I've always thought if a player steps into the box to play the ball it should be an indirect free kick instead of a retaken goal kick. Only infringement that isn't punishable. As you say the defender can play the ball under pressure knowing they'll get another shot at it. I would prefer this to be the law change. I take it the opposing player still has to be outside the box. 

No 1 could be interesting- for example player goes off the pitch at nearest point and subsequently gets hit in the pus by a pie  thrown from the crowd for being a big cheating b*****d. this was probably why they were directed to walk off at the half way line where most player tunnels would have been in the first place.  

and if a player goes down in the box and there's no opposition player around is it still a penalty to Lithgae?! :lol:

1 hour ago, megaspinnernet2 said:

here a pdf copy of all the current laws of the games changes set out by ifab 

ifab-laws-of-the-game-changes-2019-2020-summary.pdf

Reading those it's a bit daft that the measurements are in metres when the pitch measurements are in yards so leading to rules that players must be 9.15 metres away

IIRC it was discussed but wasn't accepted as a rule change.

No 1 could be interesting- for example player goes off the pitch at nearest point and subsequently gets hit in the pus by a pie  thrown from the crowd for being a big cheating b*****d. this was probably why they were directed to walk off at the half way line where most player tunnels would have been in the first place.  
and if a player goes down in the box and there's no opposition player around is it still a penalty to Lithgae?! [emoji38]
There is a mention in the link above that the ref can still allow the plsyer to leave at the halfway line for security reasons.

3 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I also heard of this mate but not sure if it was just a proposed change or has actually been implemented. I remember at the time wondering what would happen if the ball struck woodwork then hit the keeper and went in.

4 minutes ago, Satori. said:

I also heard of this mate but not sure if it was just a proposed change or has actually been implemented. I remember at the time wondering what would happen if the ball struck woodwork then hit the keeper and went in.

Presumably it would have been like the rules for a penalty awarded right before full-time, so in that case it would be a goal.

"When additional time is allowed, the penalty kick is completed when, after the kick has been taken, the ball stops moving, goes out of play, is played by any player (including the kicker) other than the defending goalkeeper, or the referee stops play for an offence by the kicker or the kicker’s team."

50 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Presumably it would have been like the rules for a penalty awarded right before full-time, so in that case it would be a goal.

"When additional time is allowed, the penalty kick is completed when, after the kick has been taken, the ball stops moving, goes out of play, is played by any player (including the kicker) other than the defending goalkeeper, or the referee stops play for an offence by the kicker or the kicker’s team."

You would think so mate but if i remember the proposal stated if the keeper stopped the ball or it struck woodwork  the ball would be deemed  dead and would result in a goal kick. I just remember at the time thinking it was crazy.   

No.5

If a player about to be sent off is allowed to continue until the next convenient break, he could well ne involved in a game changing incident before being formally sent off.

Refs will need to make very quick decisions and maybe stop a quick free kick.