League 1 Season 19/20 Predictions

22 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
23 hours ago, CumbyDiamond said:
1 Airdrie
2 Raith (will fail in play off again & Victoria will go missing for at least 2/3rds of the season but will score against us)
3 Seaside Team 1 (probably Forfar)
4 Seaside Team 2 (EF or Montrose)
5 Falkirk (reckon they will almost do a Dumbarton)
6 Clyde (could be our Stenny this year)
7- 9 Rest of the Seaside Teams
10 Dumbarton (Scullion LOL, no Thomas or C Gal)

Forfar seaside?

Yeah I know its a stretch but your a lot nearer a beach than us

OK, not long till the cup starts and teams now have squads above 5 players.

1. Falkirk

They're still building their team but the signings thus far are, in my opinion, enough for them to get 1st. Still a fair chunk of signings to go, but if the Bairns continue with the trend they've started with I think they'll have too much.

2. Raith

Raith are a bit of a weird one this year, overall I think their squad is weakened from last year and they've signed some fair to middling PT players, but Vaughan and Hendry are excellent and if they stay fit they should be a decent shout for second. That is of course a big if, and you can't help but feel that if Vaughan's smashed again for 6 months then it could be a bit of a slog. I see Lewis Allen has just signed, he could be a Nisbet, he could be a dud. A bit up in the air!

3. Forfar

Lost Baird and Reilly, but the midfield signings of Kirkpatrick, Forbes and Tapping are all excellent. I fully expect Forfar to be there or thereabouts again this season, and if Raith get the injury problems they've had, you can swap my 2 and 3 around.

4. Airdrieonians

Just missed out on the play-offs last year (as did most of the teams!), turning full time this summer, I reckon this could be the year Airdrieonians snatch a play off berth.

5. East Fife

Started the summer stronger than everyone else by getting the team locked down, I'm very happy with the signings but I'm still wary of our defence considering the implosion we had towards the end of last year and the fact we have no natural left back. A solid mid table finish again, 1 win against Rovers, 3 defeats. I dream of us replicating Arbroath and having a stormer as our squad has kept most of its core together. 

6. Clyde

A strong finish to last year and a pretty decent squad truth be told, had the league continued for another 6 games they'd have won it. A solidifying 6th place finish for the Bully Wee in the first season back.

7. Montrose

The biggest drop offs from last year, Ballantyne a great signing but I think the league is on average much stronger this year and can see Montrose falling back a bit. The SP factor will likely see them stay up, but the SP factor could also send them 3rd in the league and make me look like a fud.

8. Peterhead

Never been convinced by McInally and having lost Dow, I think it could be a tough season for Peterhead. A fairly strong showing at home across the majority of the season should see them safe.

9. Stranraer

Always a bit of an enigma are Stranraer, I can never tell where to put them. Losing Kyle Turner is a big loss, one that I think is irreplaceable. Stranraer to go down via the play-offs

10. Dumbarton

I have absolutely no idea what's going on at the Sons behind the scenes, but their signings have been really poor so far and unless Duffy can pull a few miracle signings out the bag I suspect this is going to be a tough one for the lads down at the rock. I'll be able to make at least one away match down at Dumbarton though, so I look forward to enjoying the pre-match pints regardless.