League 1 Season 19/20 Predictions

Extremely early for this to be up but will be a good laugh to look back at when the season has finished, f**k it here goes, my prediction:

1- Falkirk

2- Forfar

3- Airdrie

4- Raith Rovers

5- East Fife

6- Clyde

7- Peterhead

8- Montrose

9- Stranraer

10- Dumbarton

Guaranteed to be totally and utterly wrong but hey ho!

Was waiting for someone to go ahead and make this, as per usual, a month too early! Currently we're massive favourites for the league as we're the only ones with next to a full squad, that'll be completely different in a months time. I'll see you then...

None of my business (until next season probably), but cannae no take an opportunity for a good old prediction.

1st. Falkirk
2nd. Raith Rovers
3rd. Airdrieonians
4th. Forfar Athletic
5th. Montrose
6th. Clyde
7th. East Fife
8th. Dumbarton
9th. Peterhead
10th. Stranraer

5 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Airdrie
Clyde
Dumbarton
East Fife
Falkirk
Forfar
Montrose
Raith Rovers
Peterhead
Stranraer

That was almost alphabetical order! I suspect it is not serious and it is too early to predict anything as I know from last season. Will start the fun in a month or so but I'll take a punt and say we will not be top at the end of season.

1 Falkirk
2 Forfar
3 Raith Rovers
4 Airdrie
5 East Fife
6 Peterhead
7 Clyde
8 Montrose
9 Dumbarton
10 Stranraer

May sway my opinion when other signings are announced but I can see Falkirk being far too strong as well as notably good signings so far from a handful of teams i.e. Forfar

Obviously very early days as they'll be a lot of squad building to take place but I'll play along.

1. Falkirk - Not got much of a squad at the moment but existing players like McShane and McGhee should be stand outs in this league. New ownership is expected which will probably mean a bit of cash is thrown about and with Tidser rumoured to be joining the party they should have a pretty good chance of bouncing back.  Would be an absolute minter if they stayed down right enough.

2. Raith - This is heavily reliant on them keeping Nisbet and Vaughan. They've gone with the hybrid system this year which has proven successful for McGlynn in the past and I'd be expecting them to finish runners up.  Getting some hungry young players released from FT clubs with something to prove like Hendry and pairing them up with some more experienced part timers could work for them 

3. East Fife - Provided they don't absolutely bottle it like they did last year. Duggan, Higgins, Murdoch and Wallace are good signings and I do think Young is a good manager. 

4. Forfar - Forbes and Kirkpatrick are the stand out bits of business in this league so far imo and if they can replace Bairds goals then they should finish in the play offs again. 

5. Clyde - They've got a standout striker at this level in Goodwillie and if they can keeping getting him chances he'll score goals. Don't really think the rest of their squad will be enough to get them top 4 but it could be close. 

6. Dumbarton - Not sure who they've actually got signed up tbh apart from the two guys they signed today but Duffy knows this league and will likely do more than enough to keep them up but can't see them doing anything more. 

7. Peterhead - Experienced guys like Lyle, Gibson, McAllister and Boyle will be invaluable but they've got an ageing squad and staying up will probably be the best they can hope for. 

8. Airdrie - Still find it bizarre that they rate David Hutton. Dunno who they've got signed up but they'll finish 8th. It's already decided. 

9. Stranraer - Best player away in the summer. Re-signing old players like Robertson, Thomson and Gallagher is a sign of desperation and keeping dross like Jamie Hamill on will be their downfall. 

10. Montrose - They're the only team left. Sorry.