Cup of the South 2019-20

HibeeJibee

30 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Changed days. People used to think linlithgow would beat camelon. But not this season

Pasting them 5-1 a fortnight ago obvious pointer.

'Heady days' for Camelon... 2nd in EOSL Premier, into Last 16 of EQC, into QFs of SCC, playing SF of EOS Cup v Edinburgh City midweek.

22 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Pasting them 5-1 a fortnight ago obvious pointer.

'Heady days' for Camelon... 2nd in EOSL Premier, into Last 16 of EQC, into QFs of SCC, playing SF of EOS Cup v Edinburgh City midweek.

I was talking to secretary last night shows him a post from 2016 actually when he joined where the club were desperate possibly a few weeks from their not being a camelon juniors. We are doing well. Definitely not taking them for granted 

Check out The ‘pace!!!! [emoji102][emoji91][mention=73265]G4Mac[/mention] [emoji119]
Excellent day for the players. They worked hard, kept their shape and discipline well and were composed enough to keep the ball when we had it. The goal was a fantastic hit and we could have made it 2 with 5 to play on the break. Bonnyrigg had most of the play, as you would imagine, but the guys managed to frustrate them and they struggled to break our 5-5-0 down! A good day all things considered. Another clean sheet at home and another home win.

To be honest the league is the most important thing for us this year, cups have been a welcome break for the players. We go into the next round just happy to be amongst the draw, we will take whatever the draw throws at us. It will be another great experience for us regardless!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So i'm digging this up because of a couple of things. One there are games this weekend. Two I notice the cup now has a sponsor and is now the Soccershop Challenge Cup.

image.png.e3a8ad86663e13a1d71540031568e568.png

And 3 I was wondering if anyone knows if the trophy is the same as the Qualifying Cup (South)?

Also bsc vs kelty is on Friday night 

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

So i'm digging this up because of a couple of things. One there are games this weekend. Two I notice the cup now has a sponsor and is now the Soccershop Challenge Cup.

image.png.e3a8ad86663e13a1d71540031568e568.png

And 3 I was wondering if anyone knows if the trophy is the same as the Qualifying Cup (South)?

No doubt @HibeeJibee will have all the info, but it looks like a different trophy

0_From-left-Billy-Wig-True-Stan-Dacre-Ed763962_450_450_73045_0_fit_0_34570317712

versus the SCC:

ptr_ekn_280514ekfc_04.jpg

Apparently the clubs who won the old North and South Qualifying cups each year used to be given a replica, to keep... and the North and South Challenge cups are copies of the replicas, if that makes sense. Certainly that's what I read somewhere regarding the North Challenge Cup, and presumably it would be the same with the South.

Qualifying cups themself are retired and held by the Scottish Football Museum.