Cup of the South 2019-20

HibeeJibee

:lol:... well it already relegates 3 / 16 - the most generous in the pyramid - plus if a slot goes unused an extra side from the level below is promoted rather than someone reprieved ;).

In the previous round Broxburn beat Edinburgh Uni, Linlithgow pasted Gretna and Tranent beat Berwick: so it's been more balanced overall. In the EOS Qualifying Cup we've seen Tranent beat Gala and Dundonald beat Edinburgh Uni. In the Scottish Cup we've seen Broxburn beat 'Shire and Penicuik thrash Cumbernauld.

Makes for interesting match-ups as these cups proceed.

4 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

Draw is tonight is it not? Probably at a south of Scotland/east of Scotland/lowland league meeting or a meeting at hampden etc. Maybe they’re even doing it at Lasswade Rugby Club on Sportsound, just need to wait and see.

We'll find out after they've had the tea and sandwiches. 

The SFA South Challenge Cup draw has been made and Shire are away to East Kilbride.

Match to be played on 9th November

Full draw is

Camelon Juniors vs. Linlithgow Rose
Kelty Hearts vs. University of Stirling
Dunipace vs. Bonnyrigg Rose
BSC Glasgow vs. Preston Athletic
East Kilbride vs. East Stirlingshire
Hill of Beath Hawthorn vs. Cumbernauld Colts
Broxburn Athletic vs. Tranent Juniors
Caledonian Braves vs. Bonnyton Thistle

• 3 weeks later...

Bump.

Last 16 this coming Friday-Saturday before competition rests-up until March:

Friday 8th November
BSC Glasgow v Preston Athletic    (8pm)

Saturday 9th November
Camelon v Linlithgow Rose    (1:30pm)
Broxburn Athletic v Tranent    (2:30pm)
Dunipace v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic    (2:30pm)
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Cumbernauld Colts    (2:30pm)
Caledonian Braves v Bonnyton Thistle    (3pm)
East Kilbride v East Stirlingshire    (3pm)
Kelty Hearts v University of Stirling    (3pm)

Final scores from this afternoon:

Camelon 2 - 1 Linlithgow Rose

Broxburn 2 - 4 Tranent

Dunipace 1 - 0 Bonnyrigg Rose

Caledonian Braves 3 - 0 Bonnyton Thistle

East Kilbride 1 - 0 East Stirlingshire

Kelty Hearts 2 - 0 University of Stirling 

Last night: BSC Glasgow 6 - 1 Preston

Edited by AlansHotBath

BSCG 6-1 Preston

Camelon 2-1 Linlithgow
Broxburn 2-4 Tranent
Dunipace 1-0 Bonnyrigg
Hill of Beath 1-1 Cumbernauld (aet, FT 1-1, 4-2p)
Caledonian Braves 3-0 Bonnyton
East Kilbride 1-0 East Stirlingshire
Kelty 2-0 Stirling Uni

Shock of the competition so far goes to Dunipace who dump EOSL champions, Scottish Cup rampagers and last season's losing finalist Bonnyrigg. Hill of Beath also produced a shock of smaller proportions at home to Cumbernauld. Otherwise results largely as expected although many would have tipped Broxburn.

So into QFs due March 7th are:

Lowland League (4)
BSC Glasgow, Caledonian Braves, East Kilbride, Kelty Hearts

East of Scotland League - Premier Division (3)
Camelon, Hill of Beath Hawthorn, Tranent

East of Scotland League - First Division (1)
Dunipace

23 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

BSCG 6-1 Preston

Camelon 2-1 Linlithgow
Broxburn 2-4 Tranent
Dunipace 1-0 Bonnyrigg
Hill of Beath 1-1 Cumbernauld (aet, FT 1-1, 4-2p)
Caledonian Braves 3-0 Bonnyton
East Kilbride 1-0 East Stirlingshire
Kelty 2-0 Stirling Uni

Shock of the competition so far goes to Dunipace who dump EOSL champions, Scottish Cup rampagers and last season's losing finalist Bonnyrigg. Hill of Beath also produced a shock of smaller proportions at home to Cumbernauld. Otherwise results largely as expected although many would have tipped Broxburn.

So into QFs due March 7th are:

Lowland League (4)
BSC Glasgow, Caledonian Braves, East Kilbride, Kelty Hearts

East of Scotland League - Premier Division (3)
Camelon, Hill of Beath Hawthorn, Tranent

East of Scotland League - First Division (1)
Dunipace

Changed days. People used to think linlithgow would beat camelon. But not this season

So I took in the Camelon v Linlithgow tie today and after being at the league fixture between the 2 sides two weeks ago in which Camelon were resounding 5-1 winners, a home win was what the bookies favoured.  However it was the away side who took an early lead when Slavin passed into the far corner after being found unmarked inside the right hand side of the box.  Camelon equalised early in the 2nd half after a goalkeeping howler who’s miscontrol/pass found Herron who scored with a simple finish.  The homesters went in front when substitute Sneddon beat a couple of players before being brought down in the box by goalkeeper Wilson.  The hat-trick hero from 2 weeks ago Docherty stepped up to score the spot kick which went under the ‘keeper.

I said 2 weeks ago that it was probably the worst Linlithgow Rose team I’d ever seen in just over 20 years of being involved in Junior football and today, despite being a slightly better performance than then probably confirmed that to me.

Anyway, next stop was Denny for the second half of Dunipace v Bonnyrigg.  To my surprise it was 0-0 at half time and 15 mins into the 2nd period Dunipace went in front in some style when right-sided centre back O’Grady found himself 30 yards out in the centre of the pitch to receive a pass and hit a left-footed shot into the top corner.  Dunipace then continued to frustrate their Lowland visitors for the rest of the game with chances few and far between and indeed it was a great goal line clearance that denied the ‘Pace their second goal late on.  

My first visit to Westfield since the change of surface and revamp of the surroundings and I must say I was impressed.  To add I was also impressed by the team who despite being under the cosh did play some decent stuff in the small spells they had with the ball but their shape and desire as a whole team got them their win.

Good mix of sides to make up the quarter final draw.