Tottenham Hotspur VS Liverpool - 2019 Champions League Final.

1 minute ago, JMDP said:

This is a very weird road you're going down. Interesting though.

It's not really. You are picking the behaviour of one group. When the reality is probably less clear. You highlight unsavoury incidents caused by visitors, but you're happy to profit from the occasion that brought them to your town.

Does anybody think Rab B Nesbitt doesn't actually go to Liverpool games and just steals the pictures from other people's social media accounts?

He tries way to hard. Obvious giveaway.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It's not really. You are picking the behaviour of one group. When the reality is probably less clear. You highlight unsavoury incidents caused by visitors, but you're happy to profit from the occasion that brought them to your town.

It is though. Very weird behaviour from you and an insight into your personality that you concentrate on this issue rather than anti-Semitism, violence and a man performing a sex act in front of a large crowd of people. Somewhat skewed moral compass tbh. 

Just now, JMDP said:

It is though. Very weird behaviour from you and an insight into your personality that you concentrate on this issue rather than anti-Semitism, violence and a man performing a sex act in front of a large crowd of people. Somewhat skewed moral compass tbh. 

I condemn all discriminatory conduct,  antisocial behaviour and those who profit from it.

30 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Back into Liverpool airport this morning and this was the newspaper stand in the Tescos :wub:.

Meeting up with a few in town for the parade later on can’t wait :)

7656F908-078E-45E9-8B72-A5231DCABF71.jpeg

Pick us up a copy of the Sun m8.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

I condemn all discriminatory conduct,  antisocial behaviour and those who profit from it.

Interesting. The event itself doesn't cause the behaviour. The champions League final isn't in itself discriminatory conduct or antisocial behaviour. You're trying really hard for a link here and failing badly.  Maybe stick to the awful puns.

I teach reading comprehension and English privately if you ever want any lessons by the way. 

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

The 'He doesn’t go to the game' stuff  is long running tedious shite that ran it's course ages ago yet some roasters still use it to help ruin threads. 

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Was going to say this. I can't remember a good one between sides from the same country. The two Real Madrid v Atletico finals were dire, and the worst final of all time was the Juve v Milan final in 2003. I think there is on over familiarity which means both teams know exactly how to stop each other, and with the pressure of a final that tends to take priority over how to actually beat them. After those semi-finals, anyone trying to use this game to slate the English game is an idiot.
Neither team played well, but Spurs are really a quarter final side who got the breaks this season, whereas Liverpool are a genuinely class team at this level so were always more likely to get the job done. Thought Matip did well and he goes under the radar with van Dijk getting all the headlines. Allison was excellent and is the real difference between last year's team.
Said it before the game and the match just proved it that Kane should not have been starting. The only way round/through Liverpool's backline is movement and pace which Moura would have provided, and Kane doesn't. Matip and van Dijk are quicker and stronger than Kane, particularly one who isn't match fit, so he never got a kick.
Klopp has done an incredible job when you look at his starting point to where he has taken them.

Trust me, the worst final of all time was Steaua Bucharest v Barcelona in 1986. If football was banned as a result of that night I would have had no grounds to complain.

The 1985 Heysel Final was a sham and to be fair to the players* should never have been played.

*Never mind the dead and injured.

1 minute ago, JMDP said:

Interesting. The event itself doesn't cause the behaviour. The champions League final isn't in itself discriminatory conduct or antisocial behaviour. You're trying really hard for a link here and failing badly.  Maybe stick to the awful puns.

I teach reading comprehension and English privately if you ever want any lessons by the way. 

Without excusing it,  to believe that there wouldn't be  some sort of stupidity in such a huge crowd is naive in the extreme. The fact that your instinct was to bale out and take what you could get, then go on to moan about it here raised a question of your principles.

I'll keep your offer in mind in case I need lessons in being a whiney, greedy, self-righteous cūnt.

Guest Moomintroll
The 1985 Heysel Final was a sham and to be fair to the players* should never have been played.

*Never mind the dead and injured.
Agree with that, the only mitigation UEFA had was that they were frightened of further disorder & loss of life if they had cancelled the match. You only have to look at the faces of the players on the night to know that they simply did not want to be there.

Guest Moomintroll
Without excusing it,  to believe that there wouldn't be  some sort of stupidity in such a huge crowd is naive in the extreme. The fact that your instinct was to bale out and take what you could get, then go on to moan about it here raised a question of your principles.
I'll keep your offer in mind in case I need lessons in being a whiney, greedy, self-righteous cūnt.
Can see both sides here & Sarge is right to a degree. That said, living & working in the area for several years, Liverpool undoubtedly have a larger proportion of violent, anti-social arseholes following them & it is probably down to the overall anti-establishment attitude of the people who live in the City. Any other store that I have worked & managed in, staff are generally happy to do whatever is required, however in Liverpool every request you make is a challenge to your authority even though that is basically their fucking job. I had Supervisors refusing to work in a chill room due to their "asthma" although they had no problem smoking 30 odd fags a day, I do not like to generalise people but there is a major issue in that City with regards to the basic concepts of law & order, Traffic Lights tend to be great fun as well.