Love Island 2019

I feel a bit for Joanna. She didn't handle that very well, but she has never really been allowed a 'proper' chance to build a relationship with Michael, knowing that the other girls, especially Anna, have been constantly urging Amber to make a move and saying that he still has feelings for her. Boys were regularly speaking to Michael about it too.

I'm not sure how nice a person Joanna is, but things were against her from the start. I can understand why she was a bit pissed off by the end. 

Michael has been repeatedly clear in saying that he is no longer interested in Amber, but you still have the likes of Anna and Maura constantly filling her head with nonsense about him still being interested and being infatuated with her, despite all evidence to the contrary. I don't like Amber at all, but begun to feel for her a little tonight - she has to move on for her own sake, but is being poorly advised and badly mislead by the others. 

I think Michael genuinely did/does like Joanna. He seemed a little bit more comfortable with her than I recall him with Amber, anyway. But, primarily because of the others' behaviour and especially how the girls have been feeding Amber, they were never allowed the room to breathe or develop as a couple in there. 

I do feel a bit sorry for Joanna - she got insulted by Amber and Anna as soon as they came back from Casa Amor and most of the girls were actively working against her relationship throughout her time there. I can understand why she was a bit pissed off by the end. 

I think Michael's frustration with the whole thing shone through in how he approached Amber tonight - a bit like Curtis with Amy, he had no choice but to be totally blunt and harsh to force home the message that it is absolutely over between them. 

7 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Michael needed to do that because he made Amber think it was her fault that they split.

It kind of was.

Maybe just her personality, but before Casa Amour she was coming the c**t acting the Ice Queen and throwing obstacles at him whe he was trying to get her to open up. Then throwing the toys out of the pram when he called her on it.

She was even saying to the girls/diary room that she was doing it on purpose.

You don't need that shit.

She's singularly not listened when he's told her the score since.

Although... I think what triggered Michael was the whipped comments.