Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

1 hour ago, Mine Man said:

Gerry has always done a great job with the Glens highlights and gentleman as well.

Very professional. Great all round set up at Glencairn. I've been up there with Buffs 3 or 4 times now, one of my favourite away trips. All the best.

Thank goodness we're onto Saturday to Saturday now, as our squad is hanging together, and that was really obvious this afternoon.

10 games in 29 days has taken its toll, with 7 players ruled out by injury today, and 2 playing (Fraser and Leyden) who probably weren't fit but played through the pain. It was no surprise to see them failing to finish the game. We only had one fit signed outfield player for the bench, and had to call up young Dunsmore and Divers from the u21s to give some cover.

Perhaps that will give some perspective on today's performance which really wasn't the Glencairn we have got used to over the past 12 months. Our fans are very loyal and we value the way they travel everywhere to support us, but they need to rein in the negativity when things go against us, particularly with the circumstances of the squad at the moment. This isn't the Championship anymore, we're going to get some more sore faces this season. We've got used to winning just about every week and scoring lots of goals over the past year, but the Premiership is a huge step up.

Now we can hopefully get some players treated and rested and get some training sessions planned, I think we've maybe only had two or three training sessions since the season started, which is bonkers.

Breathing space. We all need it, all of the clubs, not just Glencairn.

Highlights of today's away defeat to Beith Juniors

You could see that the Glens were running on empty which is not an easy venue at the best of times.Still caused Beith some problems.The weeks rest will do them the world of good to rest the players.

You could see that the Glens were running on empty which is not an easy venue at the best of times.Still caused Beith some problems.The weeks rest will do them the world of good to rest the players.
It was obvious, yes. Unfortunately we have some supporters who don't take these factors into account and can't wait to get on the players' backs. The committee members are well aware of the situation, though, and we all appreciate the efforts. Getting that through to all the supporters is a problem, but I suppose that's the same at every level of football.

It was obvious, yes. Unfortunately we have some supporters who don't take these factors into account and can't wait to get on the players' backs. The committee members are well aware of the situation, though, and we all appreciate the efforts. Getting that through to all the supporters is a problem, but I suppose that's the same at every level of

No one should underestimate the achievement of the management and these players to be competing in this league with the resources they have.

• 2 weeks later...

Tough period for us at the moment, four league defeats in a row and five defeats in a row in all competitions. Too many players not available (Donaldson, Ryan Kerr, Lachlan, Simeon, Mitchell, Smith) and some of those who are playing aren't fully fit but are bearing the pain out of necessity.

We just need to get through it.

Our supporters have got used to winning a lot over the past year or two, so this is a bit of a culture shock to some of them. Unfortunately some don't see the reason for the stumble in form, and think the injuries are only an excuse. They're entitled to their opinions I suppose.

We'll get there.

Tough period for us at the moment, four league defeats in a row and five defeats in a row in all competitions. Too many players not available (Donaldson, Ryan Kerr, Lachlan, Simeon, Mitchell, Smith) and some of those who are playing aren't fully fit but are bearing the pain out of necessity.

We just need to get through it.

Our supporters have got used to winning a lot over the past year or two, so this is a bit of a culture shock to some of them. Unfortunately some don't see the reason for the stumble in form, and think the injuries are only an excuse. They're entitled to their opinions I suppose.

We'll get there.

Tough going in the top league. Thought you had a big enough squad to cope.

On top of the 6 players we had missing today, we had 4 players that I know of who were playing with injuries. Exactly how big do you think our squad is if you think we should be able to handle that without it affecting our performances and results ?

On top of that, today we saw McKay and Leyden fail to finish the match with fresh injuries, and McGuire got a second yellow card in the 93rd minute which means he'll be suspended for the next match.

I actually did us a mis-service earlier, it's only four defeats in a row in all competitions, as our Sectional League Cup quarter final match was a draw which we lost on penalties.

Gerry done another fine job.Thought the Glens were worthy of a draw going by the highlights.
Yes we probably were, but we didn't create enough clear chances despite the pressure we had. Garry Whyte had very little to do in the game, but the same can be said for Scott Johnstone at the other end.

It was a really poor game of football, to be honest.

Gerry done another fine job.Thought the Glens were worthy of a draw going by the highlights.
Yes we probably were, but we didn't create enough clear chances despite the pressure we had. Garry Whyte had very little to do in the game, but the same can be said for Scott Johnstone at the other end.

So you said[emoji38]