Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

• 3 weeks later...

The production of "Glencairn 125" is well underway. If anybody has any good stories or pictures of the club from 1996 to present then we'd be happy to receive and include them with a full acknowledgment of your contribution.
[emoji469][emoji460][emoji1665]🤍[emoji1665][emoji460][emoji469]

Should it not read 1896 to present ? 
No, this project is a follow up to our Centenary Book which was published in 1996. This is to document the next quarter of a century, during which a lot has happened at the club.

• 2 months later...
Glens are losing the best part of last years team...some really good players moving on which must be a worry moving into this new fitba era?!
Not a worry at all. Yes, we have lost some really good players, but we have also brought in some really good players. 11 out (including players who had left several months ago) and 11 in. So the squad numbers have been strengthened. Time will tell regarding the quality.

21 hours ago, jinky said:

Glens are losing the best part of last years team...some really good players moving on which must be a worry moving into this new fitba era?!

Why do you want to keep players who would have been relegated but for COVID? 

Why do you want to keep players who would have been relegated but for COVID? 
You do make a fair point though. Midfield to forward we were a match for any team in the league last season, in my opinion. Defensively, though, we were nowhere near good enough, and the stats show that. We generally had to score 3 goals to win a game, and that's why we were where we were in the table, until we changed our shape at the New Year and got some really good results. So it's no surprise that Willie Harvey has brought in four new defenders.

He had no option but to bring in 4 new defenders as 4 had decided to move on?!..I believe it took the Mgt too long to work out an improved team set-up and by the time the New Year came it was almost inevitable where the team was heading.

So many players wanting to move on isn't a good sign for any club and I wonder why this has happened?...also a very big job in hand with so many new recruits...here's hoping for a better season than last!

He had no option but to bring in 4 new defenders as 4 had decided to move on?!..I believe it took the Mgt too long to work out an improved team set-up and by the time the New Year came it was almost inevitable where the team was heading.
So many players wanting to move on isn't a good sign for any club and I wonder why this has happened?...also a very big job in hand with so many new recruits...here's hoping for a better season than last!
Only two defenders have left - Rhys Donaldson and Stevie Kerr.

Not all of the players are leaving of their own choice, by the way. [emoji6]

McGregor and Lachlan have also departed and I believe both have new clubs...
McGregor was announced by Petershill some time ago, so yes it's three defenders leaving.

Lachlan wasn't offered a new deal as far as I am aware, and he is a midfielder anyway.

he was the right back tho once the formation changed and played their regularly for previous clubs according to his stats-anyway apparently moved back up to Lowland League.
He was only filling in at right back as Craig McGregor was moved into central defence and Gebbie had left.