Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

A narrow defeat to Talbot again, but to be fair they probably just about deserved to win what was a pretty poor game.

Yes, Talbot were missing a good few players, but any team that Talbot put out will be full of quality players, you don't get to sign for them unless you are more than decent.

We were missing a few as well to be fair, especially up front (strikers McKay, Weir, Gary Smith and Gormley all unavailable, and Simeon going off injured early second half).

Still, I thought we looked pretty solid defensively, Auchinleck didn't create too many chances, but they punished us for our one defensive lapse on the night. That's the mark of a good team though, no matter how strong or weak their team was in relation to their normal.

On to Kilwinning on Saturday now. Fourteen cup finals to get us out of the bottom three....

Due to fixture scheduling, our match for next Saturday has been changed. Instead of being away to Pollok, we will now be at home to Glenafton Athletic. Kick off at The Celsius Stadium will be at 2pm.

6 hours ago, Black Pennel said:
Peter, you know the lad that plays for you who wears a sort of bandana type thing on his napper ? Tidy, busy, alert, attacking midfielder type guy ? Driving myself daft trying to remember his name.
Please remind me.

Jordan Leyden wears a bandana occasionally, so does Callum McRobbie.

Edited by glensmad

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Peter, you know the lad that plays for you who wears a sort of bandana type thing on his napper ? Tidy, busy, alert, attacking midfielder type guy ? Driving myself daft trying to remember his name.

Please remind me.

If i was  a betting man I would say it was Callum Mc  Robbie

On 28/02/2020 at 19:41, theesel1994 said:

It's disappointing Glencairn would create these storms lately to get games put off because they had a couple of players injured. These storms affect more than football. Glencairn have gone down in my estimation.

Glencairn - what have you done?

A storm is one thing.....but Coronavirus?

That's taking things too far.