Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

23 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Scum, absolute scum.

Surely someone has the balls to identify this lowlife and inform the club.

It's becoming all to common nowadays and in this day and age these morons need weeded out.

To be fair, compared to 30+ years ago, it has became a lot less common thankfully which makes it all the worse that it still happens nowadays.

To be fair, compared to 30+ years ago, it has became a lot less common thankfully which makes it all the worse that it still happens nowadays.

I have to say that I’m surprised that this has been associated to a fan of the Glens.They are a good bunch who just want to follow their team without any trouble.

Scum, absolute scum.
Surely someone has the balls to identify this lowlife and inform the club.
It's becoming all to common nowadays and in this day and age these morons need weeded out.

Aye, someone needs to grow a pair and speak up. And sadly, you are correct. Becoming far too regular again in football and away from it too.

It did become far less common, I remember 30 odd years ago when racism was a massive issue within football, and we came on leaps and bounds through the 90’s and 00’s to where incidents of racism were rare occurrences. Unfortunately this last two or three years it seems people have regressed to being thick brainless mongos again, think it’s cool to be racist and these incidents are becoming and almost weekly occurrence. Sad.

Just now, 8MileBU said:

Aye, someone needs to grow a pair and speak up. And sadly, you are correct. Becoming far too regular again in football and away from it too.

It did become far less common, I remember 30 odd years ago when racism was a massive issue within football, and we came on leaps and bounds through the 90’s and 00’s to where incidents of racism were rare occurrences. Unfortunately this last two or three years it seems people have regressed to being thick brainless mongos again, think it’s cool to be racist and these incidents are becoming and almost weekly occurrence. Sad.

Correct mate and just a shame no one stood up and pointed the fucking scumbag out, club officials should then have frog marched him onto the pitch and called him out whilst calling the police.

Absolutely cowardly b*****d shouting from the stands at a lad whos doing what he enjoys which should be in a safe environment.

If the player involved reads this keep your chin up mate, we all are supportive of you as genuine football fans.

The guilty party has no place on this earth.

11 hours ago, AM-1 said:

Correct mate and just a shame no one stood up and pointed the fucking scumbag out, club officials should then have frog marched him onto the pitch and called him out whilst calling the police.

Absolutely cowardly b*****d shouting from the stands at a lad whos doing what he enjoys which should be in a safe environment.

If the player involved reads this keep your chin up mate, we all are supportive of you as genuine football fans.

The guilty party has no place on this earth.

Not wishing to detract from this issue in particular, there is a wider problem here. 

The mindset of either "I pay my six notes so can shout what I want" or "the fitba on a Saturday is where working men can release a bit of steam" or "it's a big boys game and if players can't take it they shouldn't be playing" still exists and has been quoted regularly on here. The abuse screamed at players and officials is scandalous and can't be defended. This includes all personal insults, racism included. For me, football can be enjoyed without bawling and shouting expletives.

On 03/01/2020 at 01:41, 8MileBU said:

So you condemn racism but still think its ok to use words like "Mongo" which I assume you know (or possibly not)  is a derogatory word used to describe people with Downs Syndrome. Sad

Rutherglen Glencairn are delighted to announce that striker Jay McKay has signed a two-year contract extension, committing himself to the club until the summer of 2022. Jay hopes to be back in competitive action very shortly after missing the past four months due to injury.IMG_20200104_195230.jpeg

So you condemn racism but still think its ok to use words like "Mongo" which I assume you know (or possibly not)  is a derogatory word used to describe people with Downs Syndrome. Sad

Outwith the context I’ve used it, you’re right, it’s absolutely wrong to use the word ‘mongo’. But instead of being a self-righteous bumface fishing for likes, look at the context in which I’ve used it. You’ll also find it’s the only place I’ve used it. Feel free to use the search function to check if you wish.

Just for clarity and context, you’ll see I was clearly using that word specifically in reference to racists because racists are the true definition of that word.

On 04/01/2020 at 20:05, glensmad said:

Rutherglen Glencairn are delighted to announce that striker Jay McKay has signed a two-year contract extension, committing himself to the club until the summer of 2022. Jay hopes to be back in competitive action very shortly after missing the past four months due to injury.IMG_20200104_195230.jpeg

Good player. No a fan of two year deals in juniors.but does show commitment to the club.