Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

You may have good strikers but your defence is atrocious.
I would say relegation is a certainty.
Our defence haven't covered themselves in glory, I'll give you that. But you defend from the front, and if the ball isn't sticking up top and constantly coming back at you then you're always going to be under pressure. Last season we were scoring goals galore, but this season we've been missing our main front men and it hasn't worked out as we'd hoped.

Had we scored the big chance we had early in the game today then perhaps it might have been a different outcome. I guess we'll never know. But we have had several "what if" moments like that this season.

But you make your own fate I suppose.

Fatal and elementary mistake made by management...keeping the same squad that got promotion...simply too many players that lack the quality for this division.

I think if you were to ask them now they would acknowledge that mistake.

41 minutes ago, jinky said:

Fatal and elementary mistake made by management...keeping the same squad that got promotion...simply too many players that lack the quality for this division.

Rossvale I think have roughly the same squad as last year 

I think I said on this thread at start of season that if glens didn’t improve on the squad that won the league last season they will struggle.
I said at the start of the season that it would all depend on how we defend, as going forward we have the players to hurt any team in this league (when they're fit). Smith, McKay, Leyden, Simeon, Mitchell, McRobbie, all good players capable of cutting it in this league.

Unfortunately defensively at the moment we couldn't keep weans out of a close.

I said at the start of the season that it would all depend on how we defend, as going forward we have the players to hurt any team in this league (when they're fit). Smith, McKay, Leyden, Simeon, Mitchell, McRobbie, all good players capable of cutting it in this league.

Unfortunately defensively at the moment we couldn't keep weans out of a close.

I thought at the beginning of the season that the glens style of football would be enough to keep them up but I’m not sure now.

I thought at the beginning of the season that the glens style of football would be enough to keep them up but I’m not sure now.

Unfortunately we have been without Smith, McKay, Leyden, Mitchell, Fraser and Donaldson for long spells (several months at a time for each of them) in various parts of this season so far. All huge players in last season's Championship title win. And of course we lost Esplin permanently in the summer to Pollok. Now our first choice goalkeeper Whyte is out for goodness knows how long, and Gebbie is no longer with us either. That sort of injury/departure list is hard to cope with and expect the standard of last season to remain.

Unfortunately we have been without Smith, McKay, Leyden, Mitchell, Fraser and Donaldson for long spells (several months at a time for each of them) in various parts of this season so far. All huge players in last season's Championship title win. And of course we lost Esplin permanently in the summer to Pollok. Now our first choice goalkeeper Whyte is out for goodness knows how long, and Gebbie is no longer with us either. That sort of injury/departure list is hard to cope with and expect the standard of last season to remain. 

Fair assessment to be honest.If it looks like a lost cause then now is the time look at next season. There is quality players in all the divisions.

16 hours ago, holsten said:

Rossvale I think have roughly the same squad as last year 

There were 4 in the Rossvale starting line up that wern't there last season. None of the 3 subs used were there either. The backbone of the team is still there, but there have been additions