Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

Ok, having now watched the highlights, how on earth is that not a penalty on Hewitt ? I was screaming for it at the time but nobody else seemed to have as strong a belief in it as I did.

When things are going against you, they go against you. Having played well and been the better team in the first half yesterday, we went in 1-0 down at half time, having scored Kilbirnie's goal for them and having an absolute stick-on cert penalty not given.

Things will turn for us, though, if we work hard enough to make them happen.

Didn’t think it was a pen at the time . In fact I couldn’t recall anything even remotely like 1 . Confirmed there when not 1 player appealed for it & that’s usually a guide when appealing for 1
Hewitt appealed for it, and the video shows it was a stick-on cert.

Ok, having now watched the highlights, how on earth is that not a penalty on Hewitt ? I was screaming for it at the time but nobody else seemed to have as strong a belief in it as I did.

When things are going against you, they go against you. Having played well and been the better team in the first half yesterday, we went in 1-0 down at half time, having scored Kilbirnie's goal for them and having an absolute stick-on cert penalty not given.

Things will turn for us, though, if we work hard enough to make them happen.
Watched it a couple of times now and still don't see a stonewall penalty.

I appreciate your view but I’m almost certain if that was given against you then your opinion would certainly differ.
I've just looked at it again and my opinion hasn't changed. But we could go back and forward forever, it wasn't given, so we just have to get on with it.

There are much more important reasons as to why we're 2nd bottom of the league at the moment.

I've just looked at it again and my opinion hasn't changed. But we could go back and forward forever, it wasn't given, so we just have to get on with it.

There are much more important reasons as to why we're 2nd bottom of the league at the moment.

Fair enough!

18 hours ago, glensmad said:
19 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:
Didn’t think it was a pen at the time . In fact I couldn’t recall anything even remotely like 1 . Confirmed there when not 1 player appealed for it & that’s usually a guide when appealing for 1

Hewitt appealed for it, and the video shows it was a stick-on cert.

Do you mean at 3mins 51? It was soft but think it would have been a foul if outside the box. Big lad got sandwiched and he had hands on him. Not a stick on but penalty nevertheless.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Do you mean at 3mins 51? It was soft but think it would have been a foul if outside the box. Big lad got sandwiched and he had hands on him. Not a stick on but penalty nevertheless.

Yes, that's the irritating thing about referees, they will give a foul outside the penalty area but won't whistle for the same incident inside the box. A few minutes after Hewitt was sandwiched, Leyden's corner was palmed out from under the crossbar by the Ladeside goalie, having taken just a wee nudge from a Glencairn player as the cross came in. The referee couldn't wait to blow for a foul, even though the nudge wasn't enough to knock the goalie over or prevent him getting to the ball. In Hewitt's case, two players sandwiched him and stopped him (and themselves) being able to get to the ball. For me that's as clear a penalty kick as you'll see.

But hey, that's not the reason we lost the game. It may have made a difference at a crucial point of the match, but I guess we'll never know. As I said, though, we have other issues to address for the reason we're second bottom of the league.

We're still in the Scottish Junior Cup despite playing for 75 minutes with ten men, so it's hard to grumble, but after leading the game today for so long it's disappointing not to have held on for the win.

Is there anybody who attended that game today who honestly thinks that was a red card offence by Sean McGuire ? Yes, it was a foul, and probably a yellow card, but a straight red card was just an utterly astonishing call by the referee.

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We're still in the Scottish Junior Cup despite playing for 75 minutes with ten men, so it's hard to grumble, but after leading the game today for so long it's disappointing not to have held on for the win.

Is there anybody who attended that game today who honestly thinks that was a red card offence by Sean McGuire ? Yes, it was a foul, and probably a yellow card, but a straight red card was just an utterly astonishing call by the referee.

Dry ur eyes we got a man sent off for nothing and still won easily