Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

3 Goalkeepers at Junior level...??!

Majority o senior teams have two keepers max
Garry Whyte is injured and unlikely to be back for a month or two, and Scott McLellan has been between the sticks for the past couple of games. We'll see what happens when Garry returns, as there's no doubt that you can't keep three fit goalkeepers happy. It's hard enough to keep two fit goalkeepers happy never mind three.

Heard Garry Whyte  our with broken hand for 6 weeks any truth in this [emoji20]
Broken thumb I understand. He sustained the injury v Cumnock a couple of weeks ago and had to come off during that game. Scott McLellan has been in goals for the past two matches.

Ooh,...that's a quandary Peter, do you go with the young replacement, the broken guy, or the invisible goalie ?....ooh...I'd probably be ordering special gloves for the broken thumb goalie. No disrespect to the young guy 'cos I don't think I've seen him and he may be OK...but I've seen the other two....Hmmm...Grant Hay or a lad with nine fingers ?

Get that sewing machine sparked up...

No quandary as I see it Willie Harvey has seen that the second choice keeper is not good enough for the long haul ( My opinion only ) and has went and strengthened the position like any experienced manager would good piece of business the boy Hay is a class act goalkeeper, and Garry may find himself in a dog fight for the gloves when he comes back. 

8 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Ooh,...that's a quandary Peter, do you go with the young replacement, the broken guy, or the invisible goalie ?....ooh...I'd probably be ordering special gloves for the broken thumb goalie. No disrespect to the young guy 'cos I don't think I've seen him and he may be OK...but I've seen the other two....Hmmm...Grant Hay or a lad with nine fingers ?

Get that sewing machine sparked up...

Ok, I'll indulge you. :rolleyes:

"the invisible goalie" ? :huh:

Away to Petershill in the Scottish Junior Cup 4th round.

Another away game :rolleyes: but at least it's in Glasgow.

That means if all our games up to the New Year go ahead we will have played 18 away games and 7 at home.

That's a year without a home draw in a cup tie. It's a funny old game Saint.

1 minute ago, glensmad said:

Away to Petershill in the Scottish Junior Cup 4th round.

Another away game :rolleyes: but at least it's in Glasgow.

That means if all our games up to the New Year go ahead we will have played 18 away games and 7 at home.

That's a year without a home draw in a cup tie. It's a funny old game Saint.

On the bright side, your pitch must be in some  nick!! 

3 minutes ago, kilsythblue said:

On the bright side, your pitch must be in some  nick!! 

It always is.

It holds water, unfortunately, but there's not much we can do about that due to the lie of the land and what is below it.

But the surface has been in terrific condition for some time now thanks to the relentless hard work of the groundsman.

It always is.
It holds water, unfortunately, but there's not much we can do about that due to the lie of the land and what is below it.
But the surface has been in terrific condition for some time now thanks to the relentless hard work of the groundsman.

Fantastic work by Eddie,long may he continue.

The club have added to the playing squad once again with the signing of defender Lewis Dawson, age 21. Lewis has come through a successful trial period in training over the past few weeks, and will now join the squad ahead of the West of Scotland Cup tie away to Neilston Juniors.

That result was a bit harsh on us today, there was never three goals between the teams, but this is an unforgiving league at times.

We passed the ball really well today and moved it about the great pitch at Valefield really well. But we were punchless up front I'm afraid, and could still have been playing now without scoring. We really missed Simeon today, and McKay can't come back soon enough, two players who can do that wee something different in the final third. We were way too predictable when we got into forward areas.

I'll be interested to see Gerry's video of the penalty claim in the first half, it looked to me like Hewitt was hauled to the ground.

We have a lot of work to do.

5 hours ago, glensmad said:

That result was a bit harsh on us today, there was never three goals between the teams, but this is an unforgiving league at times.

We passed the ball really well today and moved it about the great pitch at Valefield really well. But we were punchless up front I'm afraid, and could still have been playing now without scoring. We really missed Simeon today, and McKay can't come back soon enough, two players who can do that wee something different in the final third. We were way too predictable when we got into forward areas.

I'll be interested to see Gerry's video of the penalty claim in the first half, it looked to me like Hewitt was hauled to the ground.

We have a lot of work to do.

Glens played some good stuff , knocked the ball about well , especially the No6. Like you said though never thought they looked like scoring.  Is McKay the guy that scored a couple in first match between the teams ? Was looking out for him glad he never played.

Glens played some good stuff , knocked the ball about well , especially the No6. Like you said though never thought they looked like scoring.  Is McKay the guy that scored a couple in first match between the teams ? Was looking out for him glad he never played.
Yes, McKay has been injured for a couple of months unfortunately, a huge miss for us.

Glens are a very good football team and pleasing on the eye. I’m sure they would put that aside to win ugly just now.They have been very unfortunate not to have all their players available to them.