Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

Interesting stat.

The Glens have played 16 competitive games so far this season, 4 at home and 12 away.

If we are drawn away from home in the Scottish Junior Cup 4th round, that will become 5 at home and 16 away before the end of November.

The squad numbers are now confirmed ahead of the unveiling of our new strips on Saturday :-
1. Garry Whyte
2. Kris Gebbie
3. Ryan Kerr
4. Rhys Donaldson
5. Stevie Kerr
6. Sean McGuire
7. Harry Mitchell
8. Jordan Leyden
9. Gary Smith
10. Dale Simeon
11. Gavin Mackie
12. Kyle Chrystal
14. Jay McKay
15. Gavin Lachlan
16. Terry Hewitt
17. Tony Fraser
18. Tam Miller
19. Liam Gormley
20. Callum McRobbie
21. Scott McLellan
22. Craig McGregor
23. Finlay Anderson

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Interesting stat.

The Glens have played 16 competitive games so far this season, 4 at home and 12 away.

If we are drawn away from home in the Scottish Junior Cup 4th round, that will become 5 at home and 16 away before the end of November.

Some more interesting stats

The Glens had 2 aways and 1 home in the Sectional group (previous year it would have been 1 away and 2 homes). They won their group and got another away in the Group winners stage. In the quarters it was another away draw for the Glens. So there’s 4 of your aways in your tally.

So if you take them out of your count that leaves it at 3 homes and 8 aways.

In the league they had a home fixture postponed on 10th Aug due to a waterlogged pitch. (only game postponed in the Premiership). Then on 31st August their was another home fixture postponed due to a waterlogged pitch (one of only two postponements in the Premiership)

They then lost another home fixture due to Talbot’s involvement in the William Hill Cup.

An away fixture was postponed because of Benburb's replay in the Macron Scottish on 12th October.

Another home league game was postponed due to the Glens getting an away draw in the Macron Scottish Junior Cup on 26th October.

So if those games had been played your tally would read 7 homes and 8 aways.

Edited by Kennie

9 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Some more interesting stats

The Glens had 2 aways and 1 home in the Sectional group (previous year it would have been 1 away and 2 homes). They won their group and got another away in the Group winners stage. In the quarters it was another away draw for the Glens. So there’s 4 of your aways in your tally.

So if you take them out of your count that leaves it at 3 homes and 8 aways.

In the league they had a home fixture postponed on 10th Aug due to a waterlogged pitch. (only game postponed in the Premiership). Then on 31st August their was another home fixture postponed due to a waterlogged pitch (one of only two postponements in the Premiership)

They then lost another home fixture due to Talbot’s involvement in the William Hill Cup.

An away fixture was postponed because of Benburb's replay in the Macron Scottish on 12th October.

Another home league game was postponed due to the Glens getting an away draw in the Macron Scottish Junior Cup on 26th October.

So if those games had been played your tally would read 7 homes and 8 aways.

You are correct Kennie.

My post wasn't intended as a criticism of you, I was merely pointing out an interesting stat.

The fates have conspired against us in terms of the fixtures, particularly with the Scottish Junior Cup rounds falling on the dates we had home games scheduled, and us getting away draws. It could happen again.

At least we'll not have a lot of travelling in the second half of the season. :)

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

You are correct Kennie.

My post wasn't intended as a criticism of you, I was merely pointing out an interesting stat.

The fates have conspired against us in terms of the fixtures, particularly with the Scottish Junior Cup rounds falling on the dates we had home games scheduled, and us getting away draws. It could happen again.

At least we'll not have a lot of travelling in the second half of the season. :)

Perhaps you didn't intend it as a criticism, but it does leave it open for others to interpret it as such. ie - "That is a disgrace how does the club sustain this financially?"

I thought I'd just put a wee bit more meat on the bone by way of showing that it's down to fate rather than intent.

8 minutes ago, Kennie said:

Perhaps you didn't intend it as a criticism, but it does leave it open for others to interpret it as such. ie - "That is a disgrace how does the club sustain this financially?"

I thought I'd just put a wee bit more meat on the bone by way of showing that it's down to fate rather than intent.

That was never in doubt Kennie. 👍

Just now, glensmad said:

The club are inviting offers for defender Kris Gebbie who is available for transfer. Any interested parties should contact either manager Willie Harvey or General Secretary Alex Forbes.

What's the reason Gebbie is for sale?

A point yesterday was better than it looked like it was going to be after 77 minutes, and it breaks the run of league defeats and lifted us up a place in the table, so that's another positive.

It was a missed opportunity, though, as we would have won the game with a bit to spare had we taken our chances to go two goals ahead.

But we have climbed up to 14th, and we have played 3 less games than Troon and 2 less games than Rob Roy who are both below us. Looking above us and our requirement to climb out of the bottom three, we have 4 games in hand over Cumnock, and we've still to play Benburb twice who are level with us on games played. And there is still two thirds of the season to be played.

Hopefully yesterday has broken the run of defeats, and it was good to see Miller, Donaldson and Mitchell all returning after injury. We still had 7 players unavailable through injury, but I hope (expect even) a couple of those to be available for our next league match away to Kilbirnie in a couple of weeks.

Hopefully things are beginning to turn in our favour a wee bit, but there's a lot of hard work ahead.

The replays I used were for a disallowed goal, a debatable penalty, and a wrong booking, along with all but one of the goals. Should have brought my sunglasses [emoji846]
I can't replay everything but I can't remember, having reviewed the whole game, seeing any major incident that merited a replay.
The incident you talk about involved Craig McGregor, not Calum McRobbie :- He was half heartedly held back by a Cumnock player but continued and stretched to get his shot away. Your number 12 came in late after Craig had hit the ball. I appreciate that the in real time it is hard to see.
I never paid any attention to the clip as I didn't see any controversy.
Anyway if you p.m. me your email I will send the slomo of that incident which I have created for you.

I apologise for my slightly critical comments and you do a thankless job and the last thing you need is someone like me who doesn’t know how to do want you do.

Keep the good quality coming for the many Glens fans on here and all the other posters

14 hours ago, Bul2 said:

I apologise for my slightly critical comments and you do a thankless job and the last thing you need is someone like me who doesn’t know how to do want you do.

Keep the good quality coming for the many Glens fans on here and all the other posters

Nah, sorry, too late.

Gerry has taken the huff and jetted off to Cyprus. 😎

Rutherglen Glencairn are pleased to announce the signing of goalkeeper Grant Hay, previously with Kilbirnie Ladeside, Arthurlie and Maryhill. Grant is 26 years old, and will compete with Garry Whyte and Scott McLellan for the first choice goalkeeper's position. Grant will be available for selection for this weekend's West of Scotland Cup tie away to Neilston Juniors.