Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

I totally get that there are a number of absentees and the squad is stretched so why isn't the team set-up in a way that makes it difficult for the opposition?...extra man in defence or midfield and forfeit an advanced player!

We never threatened Clydebank all game and got a dubious penalty and yet we were overrun in midfield and wide-open at the back...surely a game-plan to frustrate the opposition with bodies behind the ball would be more sensible whilst there are so many injuries!....just how I see it and may be a way of trying to manage games whilst in this predicament?!

I get your point and perhaps with six defenders starting the game we could maybe have set up differently. But we did have our usual four at the back and two holding midfielders, that should have been enough in my opinion.

I disagree that we didn't threaten in the whole game, the highlights prove that to be a nonsense, and we scored two goals !

They're semi professional so shouldn't be holidaying during the season. 

So should pay through the nose if they want to take their family away on holiday ? When I played going on holiday mid season wouldn’t have bothered me. Semi professional money is hardly a thing to keep you from delaying holidays till the 6 weeks you get off from end of season to start of pre season

strange how people who never seemed to have a lot to say when team was doing well all of a sudden have a very strong opinion on how the game should be played .I don`t know if you were at the game or not but Glencairn normal shape is 4-2-3-1but on Saturday played a 4-4-1-1 so don`t see your point  

WHYTE      ANDERSON ( VERY GOOD GAME FOR AN 18 YEAR OLD ) MILLER- MCGREGOR- KERR  ////  FRASER- KRYSTAL-GEBBIE-MAKIE  ////  MC ROBBIE ////  GORMLY

KERR-NOT FIT

GEBBIE NOT FIT ( PLAYING OUT OF POSITION )

FRASER-NOT FIT

MC ROBBIE HAD BEEN ILL ALL WEEK

KRYSTAL  PLAYING OUT OFF POSITION ( ALSO BRUISED RIBS)

GEBBIE PLAYING OUT OF POSITION

I have said earlier in this post in  2-4 weeks the teams who played Glencairn already will be over the moon that they have . So get behind the team the players are giving everything they have at the moment and some really need a rest.

Players to come back --- McGuire,  Donoldson, Laydon, Mitchell, Smith, McKay,Simeon

Its all about opinions and we all see the game differently...hope things do improve over the coming weeks but still feel we need to improve how we manage the 90 mins when we have so many casualties!

Agree we are now having some healthy debate!

Its all about opinions and we all see the game differently...hope things do improve over the coming weeks but still feel we need to improve how we manage the 90 mins when we have so many casualties!
Agree we are now having some healthy debate!

The Glens at full or near strength can get results in this league, this as I have no doubt. Unfortunately the number of players missing will always have the Glens have the back foot,as it it would most teams.

The Glens at full or near strength can get results in this league, this as I have no doubt. Unfortunately the number of players missing will always have the Glens have the back foot,as it it would most teams.
Absolutely, with near our strongest eleven at the start of the season we have beaten Kilbirnie and Rob Roy, and reached the quarter final of the Sectional League Cup where we nearly won with 10 men, only to lose out to a late equaliser and a penalty shootout. That was the night our injury troubles really kicked in, though, and despite being 4-1 up on Kilwinning in the next game our legs gave way. Since then we've been plodding through a mire of player call-offs for multiple reasons. Hopefully this break from league action for a few weeks will help us recover.

Guest Mr Happy

McRobbie is good enough to play for any team in this league. He was the player I feared could do damage to us ( c/bank) on Saturday. He has lighting pace and the tricks to match.
But on Saturday I thought he looked knackered, but fair play to the lad [emoji122]he gave it 100% effort.
He’s another lad with loads of senior experience, and it shows.

12 hours ago, king Henrik7 said:

So should pay through the nose if they want to take their family away on holiday ? When I played going on holiday mid season wouldn’t have bothered me. Semi professional money is hardly a thing to keep you from delaying holidays till the 6 weeks you get off from end of season to start of pre season

Don't buy that, sorry. It's the top league in the grade and the money will reflect this. To sign a contract is to make a commitment, even when it means paying more for a holiday. If that's more important then there are lower leagues or grades to play in.

Don't buy that, sorry. It's the top league in the grade and the money will reflect this. To sign a contract is to make a commitment, even when it means paying more for a holiday. If that's more important then there are lower leagues or grades to play in.
Every single team in our league has players on holiday during the season even Talbot, Pollok & Hurlford etc. It's not ideal but something all teams have to deal with. With pre season starting in July and season finishing in May/June of course players will have holidays during the season. Their main jobs and family will come first. As long as players let the manager know at start of season or as soon as possible I don't see a problem and don't have a holiday every month or two.

Every single team in our league has players on holiday during the season even Talbot, Pollok & Hurlford etc. It's not ideal but something all teams have to deal with. With pre season starting in July and season finishing in May/June of course players will have holidays during the season. Their main jobs and family will come first. As long as players let the manager know at start of season or as soon as possible I don't see a problem and don't have a holiday every month or two.

[emoji817] agree

Sorry but I disagree,if it was about money alone most players could make this up and more at their place of work.Committing to three days a week for most of the year shows they have commitment to there club and want to play football at the level they are at.

Players are all different, and have different attitudes to holidays, and I'm sure it's the same at most clubs, not just ours.

We have one player who I know of who is extremely reluctant to take holidays during the season, although he has a young family. When it comes to school holidays, he tries as far as he can to go away Sunday to Friday so he only misses a couple of training sessions but no matches. But we also have other players who have a few holidays during the season, and go Saturday to Saturday so miss more than one game, and sometimes three if they're away for a fortnight.

I'm not knowledgable enough on their personal or work circumstances to know whether that is avoidable or not, so it's not my place to criticise players taking holidays during the season. I do it myself, I'm just back from Barcelona at the weekend there and missed our game v Clydebank, and I'm going away again in a few weeks and will miss two games. I'm not a player, but I can understand why players could possibly have no alternative other than to go during the season.

Here are some interesting stats for the followers of the club who are perhaps not as "seasoned" as those who have been following the team for several decades, and for those who have got used to us winning a lot over the past year or two.

The last time Glencairn spent consecutive seasons in the top league (whatever set-up the leagues were at the time) was a quarter of a century ago, season 1994-95. And that was in the old Central League set-up, with none of the big Ayrshire teams who we are now in the mix with.

Between 1995 and the start of last season, we have been promoted three times to the top league of whatever structure we were in (twice to the  Central Premier League, and once to the old Super Premier League), and on each occasion we have been relegated again the following season.

I know our management won't agree with me on this as their standards are set higher, but if we finish one place above the relegation zone this season then I'll view that as a major step forward for the club and a foundation to build the future on. I believe we are capable of better than that, of course, but it's a starting point for me personally and a monkey I'd like us to get off our backs at least.

Going by the current league tables, we are currently the 4th highest ranked side of the old Central League clubs. That is the highest we have ever been since my records started in 1980.

Here are some interesting stats for the followers of the club who are perhaps not as "seasoned" as those who have been following the team for several decades, and for those who have got used to us winning a lot over the past year or two.
The last time Glencairn spent consecutive seasons in the top league (whatever set-up the leagues were at the time) was a quarter of a century ago, season 1994-95. And that was in the old Central League set-up, with none of the big Ayrshire teams who we are now in the mix with.
Between 1995 and the start of last season, we have been promoted three times to the top league of whatever structure we were in (twice to the  Central Premier League, and once to the old Super Premier League), and on each occasion we have been relegated again the following season.
I know our management won't agree with me on this as their standards are set higher, but if we finish one place above the relegation zone this season then I'll view that as a major step forward for the club and a foundation to build the future on. I believe we are capable of better than that, of course, but it's a starting point for me personally and a monkey I'd like us to get off our backs at least.
Going by the current league tables, we are currently the 4th highest ranked side of the old Central League clubs. That is the highest we have ever been since my records started in 1980.
I like your passion for your club m8,and you are right people sometimes won't agree with you,but you always keep things simple,and don't go over the top,if you guys stay up with 1 point too spare,or on goal difference,it's job done

• 2 weeks later...

A comfortable passage for us into the 3rd round of the Scottish Junior Cup, and it's always nice to score a lot of goals regardless of the opposition.

The big positive from today was the return of Dale Simeon, Harry Mitchell, Gary Smith and Gavin Lachlan after several weeks out of action, and they scored eight goals between them.

That's given everyone a lift, and hopefully we can take that into the resumption of our league campaign next week after a few weeks off.