Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

Think that Sectional League cup at the start of a season has taken its toll.....far too many games within a short period of time and at a point when players have just returned and still not fully up to speed?!….afraid this was always a potential issue and maybe Glens should have managed their squad better?...why not include some promising 21"s instead of treating it so competitively?

Think that Sectional League cup at the start of a season has taken its toll.....far too many games within a short period of time and at a point when players have just returned and still not fully up to speed?!….afraid this was always a potential issue and maybe Glens should have managed their squad better?...why not include some promising 21"s instead of treating it so competitively?

We did everything you suggested, to be fair.

5 hours ago, glensmad said:

Yes we probably were, but we didn't create enough clear chances despite the pressure we had. Garry Whyte had very little to do in the game, but the same can be said for Scott Johnstone at the other end.

It was a really poor game of football, to be honest.

Apart from the penalty (well over the bar) a cross that hit the post and a 1-1 in the first half what saves did Johnson have? The Glens keeper made a great save from Stevenson, Pooler missed 2 good chances, Montgomery missed an easy chance and so did the young sub. 

Edited by dreggin

Apart from the penalty (well over the bar) a cross that hit the post and a 1-1 in the first half what saves did Johnson have? The Glens keeper made a great save from Stevenson, Pooler missed 2 good chances, Montgomery missed an easy chance and so did the young sub. 
Is that not what I said ?

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:
12 minutes ago, dreggin said:

Is that not what I said ?

Sorry read it completely wrong you are correct

2 hours ago, jinky said:

Referee was very poor today for the Glens but regardless their defence was shocking?!

The defence has been shocking for weeks now. With 6 defenders in the starting line up yesterday shows how stretched the team is at the moment.

An 18-year-old debutant centre back at right back. A centre back in central midfield. A right back on the right of midfield. Injured players playing in the starting XI, and other injured players named as substitutes.

Donaldson has been an enormous absentee for us.

We'll get through this. We have next Saturday off, and then it's the Scottish Junior Cup the week after. Hopefully in three weeks' time we'll have a few players back. McGuire is free from suspension now and Simeon back from holiday, so there's two positives to start with.

Tells a story and if you look at the games against Beith and Clydebank it was towards end of game when legs gave out also heard that Soaby hasn’t trained for last two weeks which could explain why he was dead on his feet and could hardly jump half way through second half I’m sure once played like Mitchell Donoldson Smith and Gebbie are fully fit the Glens will be a different proposition and the teams who got them early doors will be over the moon 

An 18-year-old debutant centre back at right back. A centre back in central midfield. A right back on the right of midfield. Injured players playing in the starting XI, and other injured players named as substitutes.

Donaldson has been an enormous absentee for us.

We'll get through this. We have next Saturday off, and then it's the Scottish Junior Cup the week after. Hopefully in three weeks' time we'll have a few players back. McGuire is free from suspension now and Simeon back from holiday, so there's two positives to start with.
Holiday I thought this was Professional game.

42 minutes ago, glensmad said:
50 minutes ago, Ringford10 said:
Holiday I thought this was Professional game.

You are wrong, these players are not professional. They all have other jobs, their football remuneration is only a top-up on what they earn in their professional lives.

They're semi professional so shouldn't be holidaying during the season. 

They're semi professional so shouldn't be holidaying during the season. 
Well if it was me who was lucky to be good enough to play at this level, I personally wouldn't go on holiday during the season unless I couldn't go any other time. But attitudes differ between players, some do and some don't. But they are most definitely not professional.