Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

4 minutes ago, jinky said:

Everyone knows that good teams are built around solid defences?!….think the Glens may suffer more humiliating defeats in this league unless they acquire some quality defenders or adapt their gung-ho offensive style!

Spot on. Not streetwise enough should have seen the game out at 4-1 still cant believe what happened last night.

52 minutes ago, R.G.F.C said:

Spot on. Not streetwise enough should have seen the game out at 4-1 still cant believe what happened last night.

Watched this game as a neutral, and doubt if I will see a better game all season. Credit to both teams for a fantastic performance, although being 4-3 up on 90 minutes and losing must be hard to take for Glens fans.

I think it's a bit harsh to call our style "gung-ho offensive", but there's no doubt that we have to strengthen defensively.

In defence of our defence, last night we were missing Kris Gebbie, Rhys Donaldson and Ryan Kerr, the latter two out for a while unfortunately.

Yes, we need to strengthen defensively, that's pretty obvious to everyone, and our gaffers are on the case.

I said all summer that how we defend in this league will determine our fate, and it's proving to be the case even this early. We have the players going forward to hurt any team in this league, we proved that by scoring four goals against the unbeaten league leaders, who had only conceded two goals in their previous four league matches and kept a clean sheet against free-scoring Auchinleck Talbot.

Four games, two wins, two draws, ten scored, ten conceded. We're certainly entertaining to watch. We're sitting in mid table at the moment, and if we're still there at the end of the season I'll be absolutely delighted.

Edited by glensmad

2 hours ago, hollerman said:

Watched this game as a neutral, and doubt if I will see a better game all season. Credit to both teams for a fantastic performance, although being 4-3 up on 90 minutes and losing must be hard to take for Glens fans.

Or a better goal dales 1st was goal of the season already. 

That was some game last night when we were 3.0 down you could have said fxxk this I'm away hame but when you look back great goal for the glens first the next two poor defending on our part so strange as it might sound we are 3.0 down but are the better team the glens keeper was on top form and thinking were not for scoring here tonight. At 4.1 glens take the forward off that's giving our defence problems the glens start to be pinned back in their own half and what happened in the next 13 mins plus added time was unbelievable to score 4goals against a keeper who was clearly man of the match was brilliant. Can't wait to see the highlights ! All the the best to the glens good bunch of people and great facility up there with one of my favourite junior grounds.

That was some game last night when we were 3.0 down you could have said fxxk this I'm away hame but when you look back great goal for the glens first the next two poor defending on our part so strange as it might sound we are 3.0 down but are the better team the glens keeper was on top form and thinking were not for scoring here tonight. At 4.1 glens take the forward off that's giving our defence problems the glens start to be pinned back in their own half and what happened in the next 13 mins plus added time was unbelievable to score 4goals against a keeper who was clearly man of the match was brilliant. Can't wait to see the highlights ! All the the best to the glens good bunch of people and great facility up there with one of my favourite junior grounds.
Thanks for the nice comments. Just to correct you on one thing though. We didn't take our striker (Jay McKay) off till the 86th minute and it was 4-3 at that point. Jay had run himself to a standstill. We only made one other substitution in the game, and that was just before half time at 2-0. So the substitution of McKay wasn't what brought the pressure on us, it was just Buffs raising the intensity of their game to a very high level.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:
4 hours ago, wow-wee said:

Thanks for the nice comments. Just to correct you on one thing though. We didn't take our striker (Jay McKay) off till the 86th minute and it was 4-3 at that point. Jay had run himself to a standstill. We only made one other substitution in the game, and that was just before half time at 2-0. So the substitution of McKay wasn't what brought the pressure on us, it was just Buffs raising the intensity of their game to a very high level.

Cheers for for that I thought he went of earlier and I repeat good people and facilities good luck for the rest of the season.

Having spoken to Willie he has pointed out he knows were the problems are and has tried for a few experienced players but some haven't been available and some are just asking for crazy money , he as normal doesn't make a song and dance about injuries and says all we can do is learn from our mistakes and I m sure the boys will. I would like to congratulate Kilwinning on their never say die attitude and thought the real problem for the Glens was the superb delivery from the Kilwinning players 

34 minutes ago, The1andonly said:

Having spoken to Willie he has pointed out he knows were the problems are and has tried for a few experienced players but some haven't been available and some are just asking for crazy money , he as normal doesn't make a song and dance about injuries and says all we can do is learn from our mistakes and I m sure the boys will. I would like to congratulate Kilwinning on their never say die attitude and thought the real problem for the Glens was the superb delivery from the Kilwinning players 

Absolutely, and I think my match report reflected that praise of Kilwinning for the way they just never gave up. Their delivery from set pieces was deadly, unfortunately we kept giving them the chance to do it.

Tomorrow will be an interesting one, as Beith have only scored one goal in their four league games so far but also only conceded four, whereas we have scored ten and conceded ten. It sounds like a big contrast in styles, but it's perhaps too early in the season to use stats like that. Time will tell.

Is there not any highlights from the Kilwinning game?
Yes there will be, Gerry works full time from early morning and it takes him roughly 7 hours of work in his own time to produce the highlights package. So midweek matches usually take a few days to produce, whereas on Saturdays he usually spends most of the time from when he gets home from the game till bed time working on them so they are up for a Sunday morning.