Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

Next up for The Glens it's a visit from league leaders Kilwinning Rangers on Wednesday night under the lights at The Celsius Stadium at 7.30pm.

Thank you to both teams and the West Region for making it easier for everybody to get to this match with the later kick off.

Edited by glensmad

I was just looking at the fixtures there, and from the start of September through to mid November we have only 2 home games and 9 away games.

And one of those home games (v Auchinleck Talbot) may need to be postponed if Talbot get to the 1st round of the senior Scottish Cup.

That just seems a bit strange, and will stretch our finances more than a little.

•  
  • KRRAdamslie
  • Gold Members
  • 60 posts
  • My Team : Kirkintilloch Rob Roy
  On 01/08/2019 at 10:25,  Juniors supporter said: 
Any players standing out so far , the boy watson seems to have scored a few along with mcinally

Watson most definitely mate. Real handful up there. Michael Morris is also excellent.            

Morris(Former Dundee United, Queens Park, Clydebank & East Kilbride Fc player) May  be the solution to the Glens defensive problems/injuries!?

I was just looking at the fixtures there, and from the start of September through to mid November we have only 2 home games and 9 away games.
And one of those home games (v Auchinleck Talbot) may need to be postponed if Talbot get to the 1st round of the senior Scottish Cup.
That just seems a bit strange, and will stretch our finances more than a little.
Your home game against us will also be cancelled if either of us reach the 3rd round of the Junior Cup.

1 hour ago, ex-german exile said:
On 19/08/2019 at 10:53, glensmad said:

Your home game against us will also be cancelled if either of us reach the 3rd round of the Junior Cup.

Wonderful, so it could be no home games and ten away over two and a half months ?

We'll be lucky if we have any players left after that as we won't have any income.

Edited by glensmad

Ach here goes, it's not quite tomorrow but I've come home to my family and remembered I'm going on holiday to Australia next summer, so life isn't that bad. [emoji41]

We only have ourselves to blame for that tonight. At 3-0 and 4-1 up at home we should have been able to see the game out, regardless of what defensive players we were missing and who we were playing.

We just sat deeper and deeper and invited the Buffs on to us. Fair play to Chris Strain, he tweaked a few things and didn't let his players give up. Buffs' goalie's save from McKay at 4-1 was the turning point. There was no way we wouldn't have won from a 5-1 lead. Instead a few minutes later it was 4-2 and game on again.

I've said it repeatedly since the summer, our fate in this league will be about how we defend, as we have the players to hurt any team in this league going forward. We have scored 10 and conceded 10 in our four games so far. That sums it up pretty well.

That's football. I was speechless at full time, but hey life goes on. And Sydney next summer.... [emoji16]

Just noticed we've got 7 out of 8 at home soon. The park will be killed with that schedule!

Wonderful, so it could be no home games and ten away over two and a half months ?
We'll be lucky if we have any players left after that as we won't have any income.

Agree that Rutherglen have some quick forwards and played well. I think you got the rub of the green to be 4-1 up, I couldn't quite believe it. We got the rub of the green back eventually with the massive deflection for our second goal. After that, it was one way traffic. Chris made the right substitutions, the boys keep going attitude and great fitness levels told in the end, what scenes at the last minute winner. A feature of our play last night was great crossing, constantly put the keeper under pressure.

Credit to Rutherglen for a game under the lights, added to the atmosphere on a bleak night weather wise. Great banter too with the Glens fans next to us in the covered enclosure. Best of luck for the rest of the season. £6 well spent, gotta love junior football.

Agree that Rutherglen have some quick forwards and played well. I think you got the rub of the green to be 4-1 up, I couldn't quite believe it. We got the rub of the green back eventually with the massive deflection for our second goal. After that, it was one way traffic. Chris made the right substitutions, the boys keep going attitude and great fitness levels told in the end, what scenes at the last minute winner. A feature of our play last night was great crossing, constantly put the keeper under pressure.
Credit to Rutherglen for a game under the lights, added to the atmosphere on a bleak night weather wise. Great banter too with the Glens fans next to us in the covered enclosure. Best of luck for the rest of the season. £6 well spent, gotta love junior football.

I said before that the Glens would surprise a few.I have yet to see a team who plays better football.Unfortunately they have an Achilles heel.They are good honest bunch who give there all and believe they have more than enough to stay in this division.

18 minutes ago, Mine Man said:

I said before that the Glens would surprise a few.I have yet to see a team who plays better football.Unfortunately they have an Achilles heel.They are good honest bunch who give there all and believe they have more than enough to stay in this division.

Tighten up at the back, a bit more self belief and Glens will be alright. Goal scoring is the hardest part of the game so no problems there. All the best.

Everyone knows that good teams are built around solid defences?!….think the Glens may suffer more humiliating defeats in this league unless they acquire some quality defenders or adapt their gung-ho offensive style!