Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

Took this game in with a  mate who is a big Rob Roy fan...he was very impressed with the Glens especially in the second half. We left just after Glens late winner and heard that a Glens player got red carded at the end?

29 minutes ago, jinky said:

Took this game in with a  mate who is a big Rob Roy fan...he was very impressed with the Glens especially in the second half. We left just after Glens late winner and heard that a Glens player got red carded at the end?

Yes, there was a mild stramash after the final whistle, all over in a few seconds. One of our players was shown a red card apparently.

How is it looking weather-wise tomorrow? It's very wet in my part of Glasgow, and the neighbouring council area have called off all fitba.
Dry at the moment, but when it rains it absolutely hammers down. Forecast is heavy thundery showers from now right through tomorrow. Hopefully there aren't too many of them. We'll be down at the park early tomorrow morning.

Disappointing that our game had to be called off this morning. Had we been able to wait an hour or so then the pitch would more than likely have been fine, but we had to let Largs Thistle know so they could cancel travel arrangements etc, it was only fair.

I was there when the match referee inspected the park and, with more rain forecast at the time, it was the right decision. Unfortunately the rain didn't come and it ended up looking a bit daft, but a decision had to be made when it was.

As it turned out, we only slipped down one place in the league table, so we're still in 4th place and now with a game in hand over nine of the 12 teams below us.

We now move on to a nice wee local derby on Monday night. It's been a while... [emoji846]

Well that was a bit bonkers tonight was it not ? [emoji23]

Cruising at 3-0 up after only 9 minutes, we just stopped playing and Cambuslang took over. Suddenly it's 3-2 at half time and we're saying "hold on a minute".

Simeon scores right at the start of the second half and we expect us to take control again, but no we gift them another lifeline and suddenly it's 4-4 with a quarter of the game still to be played.

Fortunately we got away with it as we grabbed two late goals to take us through.

Huge credit to Cambuslang, they could easily have folded after that opening 9 minutes. Pleased to be through, although wondering what sort of team we'll have at Lanark in two days' time.

Unfortunately it looks like we've lost Rhys Donaldson to injury for a while as well.

Our Sectional League Cup campaign comes to an end with a penalty shoot-out defeat away to the team who I've never ever seen us win against, ie Lanark United.

I thought when we scored what looked like a winner with 3 minutes to go that the hoodoo was going to end, but it wasn't to be.

We played the last 20 minutes with 10 men as we'd already used all of our subs before Gormley limped off as well. We nearly sneaked it at the end, but the referee ignored a blatant foul on Leyden in the build-up to Lanark's equaliser.

That's football. Now we can concentrate on our Premiership campaign for a few weeks. Nice to meet bc57 tonight. [emoji106]

8 hours ago, glensmad said:

Our Sectional League Cup campaign comes to an end with a penalty shoot-out defeat away to the team who I've never ever seen us win against, ie Lanark United.

I thought when we scored what looked like a winner with 3 minutes to go that the hoodoo was going to end, but it wasn't to be.

We played the last 20 minutes with 10 men as we'd already used all of our subs before Gormley limped off as well. We nearly sneaked it at the end, but the referee ignored a blatant foul on Leyden in the build-up to Lanark's equaliser.

That's football. Now we can concentrate on our Premiership campaign for a few weeks. Nice to meet bc57 tonight. emoji106.png

Nice to meet you too Sir.

We often see things through different lenses. I genuinely did not think the incident you refer to was a foul.  Your lads were guilty of some pretty cynical fouls themselves last night and you accumulated a fair few yellows as a consequence to stop promising attacks.  Was impressed with your number 4.

One would not have known there were two divisions between us and, whilst I agree that on 87 minutes I thought that was it, that would have been a travesty

1 hour ago, bc57 said:

Nice to meet you too Sir.

We often see things through different lenses. I genuinely did not think the incident you refer to was a foul.  Your lads were guilty of some pretty cynical fouls themselves last night and you accumulated a fair few yellows as a consequence to stop promising attacks.  Was impressed with your number 4.

One would not have known there were two divisions between us and, whilst I agree that on 87 minutes I thought that was it, that would have been a travesty

Yeh, to be fair Lanark didn't deserve to lose the game, I'll admit that. They passed the ball very well on the big pitch, and you can see why they have reached this stage of the competition, it's no fluke.

Our no.4 was our club captain Tony Fraser, filling in at sweeper due to injuries and players unable to make it due to the kick off time and location. I understand Lanark were in a similar predicament regarding team selection.

Good luck against Pollok in the semi final, I wouldn't rule out you getting a result.

Seen a cameraman at the Cambuslang game, will there be highlights posted ? Looking forward to rewatching a thrilling game

I’m sure there will be. Gerry has been providing excellent, unbiased highlights of Rutherglen Glencairn matches for a good number of years.

His dedication is greatly appreciated by supporters who, for whatever reason, cannot take in the matches live.

As one of “those supporters”, I greatly appreciate all the camera men who provide Highlights of their teams. It gives an incite into other Clubs.

48 minutes ago, Beckanbaur said:

Seen a cameraman at the Cambuslang game, will there be highlights posted ? Looking forward to rewatching a thrilling game

Yes, Gerry filmed Monday night's game, and was also at the Lanark game last night.

Gerry also works full time, and he is very thorough in the production of the highlights, so it may take him to later in the week to get both games published.

Yes, Gerry filmed Monday night's game, and was also at the Lanark game last night.
Gerry also works full time, and he is very thorough in the production of the highlights, so it may take him to later in the week to get both games published.

Not a problem I was just hoping so as sometimes you see cameramen at games and the footage seems to never surface.

Yes the gentleman - gerry- always produces some fantastic highlights and I don’t think the good folk like him get the credit they deserve!
Well done Gerry!
Also lokpars, Irvine Victoria and Ardrossan cameramen are the other folk that I most see coverage of matches surfacing so well done to you all and anyone I missed !

Our first Premiership defeat, which is disappointing, and I felt we merited a draw today but it wasn't to be.

We didn't really get going till the half hour mark, but we created enough chances.

Well done to young Kyle Chrystal at centre back, shows we can rely on him to step in when needed.