Rutherglen Glencairn 2019-20

glensmad

On 04/06/2019 at 09:35, glensmad said:

We are looking for friendly opposition at The Celsius Stadium on Saturday 13th July, due to the cancellation of our previously planned game.

Kick off would be at 2pm.

Please send me a private message if you are interested, or contact manager Willie Harvey.

I see Bathgate are looking for an away  game on said date.

First team Player of the Year awards :-
Player of the Year - Dale Simeon
Players' PotY - Del Esplin
Management PotY - Tony Fraser
Website PotY - Stevie Kerr
Top goalscorer - Gary Smith & Dale Simeon (25)
Special recognition for 250 appearances - Tony Fraser

U21 Player of the Year awards :-
Player of the Year - Tommy Lone
Players' PotY - Ross Young
Young PotY - Ross Inglis
Supporters' PotY - Josh McCorry
Top goalscorer - Anton Phinn
Special recognition for service - Kyle ChrystalIMG_20190608_222035.jpgIMG_20190608_222018.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Our pre-season friendly schedule so far :-

Saturday 13th July - Lanark United (home) (2pm)

Monday 15th July - Cumbernauld Colts (away) (kick off time to be confirmed)

Saturday 20th & Sunday 21st July - James Glen Memorial Trophy (Kilbirnie Ladeside pre-season tournament) - Draw to be confirmed (with Kilbirnie Ladeside, Whitletts Victoria dn Johnstone Burgh u21s)

Rutherglen Glencairn are delighted to confirm the signing of attacking midfielder Gavin Mackie. Gavin is 32 years old and has spent the past four seasons at Kirkintilloch Rob Roy, having also previously played for Cumbernauld United.IMG_20190626_203947.jpg

Rutherglen Glencairn are pleased to announce the signing of central midfielder Gavin Lachlan from Lowland League side Cumbernauld Colts. Gavin, who will be 28 years old next month, also has senior experience with Queen's Park and East Kilbride FC, as well as a short spell on loan at Pollok.IMG_20190701_205249.jpg

Always thought Gavin Lachlan could have been given more of a chance at QP. Hope he has success at the Glens.
Fingers crossed. I haven't seen him play myself yet, but I've been told he's a box-to-box midfielder who has the ability to control a game. Sounds like just what we need to replace the only player who has moved on from last season, i.e. Del Esplin.

Fingers crossed. I haven't seen him play myself yet, but I've been told he's a box-to-box midfielder who has the ability to control a game. Sounds like just what we need to replace the only player who has moved on from last season, i.e. Del Esplin.

Couldn’t lace Wee Dels boots

Our opposition for Saturday's first pre-season friendly match has changed.

We will now be hosting Glasgow Perthshire at The Celsius Stadium, with kick off at 2pm.

Adults £3, seniors £1, free entry for children as usual.

We made hard work of our friendly win over Glasgow Perthshire today, but a win is a win I suppose. We can't defend like that in the Premiership though.

It was our first game, though, and we were rusty at the start and found ourselves 2-0 down before we started playing. I didn't see Perthshire coming back when we went 4-2 ahead, but to their credit they never gave up, and we gave them some help along the way.

It was nice to get the winner at the end, but a bit harsh on Perthshire who put a lot of effort into the game.

Good to see Gavin Lachlan scoring on his debut, and Gavin Mackie impressed everyone with an excellent 45 minutes.